[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, I pretty much fucked up, 3 weeks ago got one of my ''dreamcars''

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20160906_123725[1].jpg (553KB, 1944x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160906_123725[1].jpg
553KB, 1944x1944px
Okay, I pretty much fucked up, 3 weeks ago got one of my ''dreamcars'' E260 2.6l gasoline manual trans beast, few days ago motor blew from burnouts for distance. Its hard to find new engine for mercedes which is 2.6l or higher in Estonia.
Now I'm considering that rebuild, because a few years ago me and my friend rebuilt one golf Mk2, and now I found this Jetta Mk2 for sale for shit cheap, thinking about buying that and shoving my merc to the backyard to wait better days.

So what do you guys think ?
New engine in that merc, or start from scratch with jetta ?
Also can post pictures from golf and Jetta if you want.
And sorry for bad english.
>>
If it overheated it's fucked, you'll need a new engine
>>
Throw an OM606 in there.
>>
If everything else is in good condition then I'd get a new engine. Taking on another used car means that you might find nasty surprises, while fixing a car you know is in otherwise good condition is what I'd prefer
>>
>>15912507
Pretty sure the head gasket blew, so this engine is prettymuch junk.
>>15912509
Thanks, but no. Not a diesel guy, owned some diesels in the past, one was bmw 525tds 94' I think, didnt like it.
>>
>>15912515
Merc body is mint, some rust but nothing serious, but parts for that can cost an arm and a leg.
>>
>>15912541
Blown head gaskets aren't the end of the world. Fix it.
>>
File: Fotöööö719.jpg (1MB, 2592x1289px) Image search: [Google]
Fotöööö719.jpg
1MB, 2592x1289px
This was the Golf we built.
>>
And this is the Jetta I'm planning to buy.
>>
>>15912573
Any ideas how to do it at home ?
>>
>>15912648
Engine lift, Google, YouTube, and a friend to help.
>>
>>15912497
drop an ls and a t56 in it and call it a day :^)
>>
>>15912724
I would if I could, but my wallet says no :(
>>
Jetta is one hell of an ugly car. Better repair your Merc, that car has style at least.
>>
Buy cheap jetta to have dd save money for parts to repair Merc
>>
>>15912497
Ship me those wheels if you're getting rid of it. Actually, the headlights too. Hnng. We never got those stateside.

Keep it on the road, perfect damn car for where you are. It'll outlive whatever Jetta you buy.
>>
>>15912805
Thats actually great idea, pretty sure I'm gonna go with it.
>>
>>15912497

You have the m103 based, so a swap for practically any 6 pot mercedes from those years will be easy:

- 300e engine: 3.0 12v 180 hp. Easiest swap. Lots of examples, cheap to buy.
- 300e-24 engine: 3.0 24v 220 hp. Cheapest high power swap. Be careful with eco wires.
- 320e engine: 3.2 24v 220hp torque monster engine. Best swap, torque monster. With a few mods we are talking about w201 amg levels of performance. They are harder to find than the others (not impossible though) and more expensive. Some problems with ignition, check forums.

And that's all. Basically if you change that for a jetta you are a massive fagoot.
>>
>>15912497
>M3 side skirts
>>
>15916562
Thanks for advice, I can use the same gearbox right? And do I need to change the fuel pump? I've only swapped engines that are 1:1
>>
>>15916582
Yeah, previous owner somehow managed to put them on, looks kinda neat actually.
>>
>>15912497
>Its hard to find new engine for mercedes which is 2.6l or higher in Estonia
Pane 24 klapiga 3 liitrine sisse. Ning mis seisukorras kere on?
>>
>>15918200
Kere on hämmastavalt hea, varuratta all on rusikasuurune auk ja pindmist roostet on ka veidi ülekere, aga ma olen otsinud neid mootoreid ja pole sittagi leidnud, ainult selliseid mis on varuosadeks või nii kohvid juba.
>>
LS swap $500 and a weekend
>>
>>15912579
You'll probably fuck up that car too, dumbass. Learn from your mistake and buy a bus pass.
>>
>>15918486
Diiseldada ei taha?
>>
>>15919264
Mkm, bensiin jookseb rohkem meeltmõõda. Aga on midagi huvitavat pakkuda?
>>
>>15912497
what actually happened when you say it "blew"?
>>
ära kuse võta diisel
>>
>>15921973
Died at kinda high rpm, there was smoke coming out between head and block, also oil and water got mixed together after that.
>>
>>15923704
if you want to try a bodge to get it running for now try wondarweld. fixes head gasket issues every time, if it's overheated badly then it's worth a try before stripping it and replacing things.
>>
File: WW500_Wondarweld_1.png (785KB, 936x1316px) Image search: [Google]
WW500_Wondarweld_1.png
785KB, 936x1316px
>>15923704
long term obviously a rebuild or replacement would be best, but this stuff works and I personally know people who have run cars for years after using it to seal a blown head gasket.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.