[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have anxiety about their cars? I'm extremely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: audible gasp mini.jpg (61KB, 1348x760px)
audible gasp mini.jpg
61KB, 1348x760px
Does anyone have anxiety about their cars?

I'm extremely afraid of damaging my car and after ever really throttling it I feel remorse and fear as if I did damage to it. Even basic throttling like getting within 500 rpm of redline makes me feel nervous or tense. I always fix the few things that go wrong and keep up with maintenance, however everything about my car makes me feel anxious. Today I was driving somewhere and I heard a light rattle in the dashboard. It was a small trim piece loose but when it happened I could only think about the dash completely falling apart. I also have the car's scheduled 3000 mile old change coming up soon and can only think about the car's engine blowing the fuck up whenever I drive it. It isn't like I'm driving a completely unreliable turd, it's a mid nineties American v8 that just rolled over to 100,000 miles a week ago. Am I alone in thinking like this?
>>
don't worry about it unless you're overheating and prone to problems
>>
>>15903633

yeah im exactly like that

>washing car last sunday
>find a scuff on the bumper

>spend next 6 hours questioning myself if i somehow scuffed my bumper with something
>later find a picture of the car when i got it and the scratch was already there.
>>
>>15903665
So much this
>>
I just get worried about crashing. I've had three wrecks. One last June, two last October. Does the fear ever go away?
>>
I throttled up to 5700 rpm when the red line is 6000 and I blew the muffler right off the exhaust pipe. Now I feel worried just reaching 5000
>>
>mfw owned over 10 manual sport cars in my life
>never reved past 5k rpm
>fastest I've driven is like 125 km/hr
>>
No. I've accepted that while it may not croak before I do, my car will kick the bucket one day. I might as well make fun memories with it while I can

Cars are meant to be driven, OP. A babied garage queen is a miserable existence for any car, regardless of whether you see it as an inanimate object or as something more. So, drive the shit out of your car. Take it to that redline
>>
>>15904440
Grandpa lurks auto enthusiasts board
Go tend to your flowers
>>
>>15904472
>tfw I'm only 21
>>
>>15904440
>>15904472

My dad said at one of his early jobs there used to be this old man who had a classic Impala that he loved (this was in the Philippines so it was a sweet car). It was a short ride to work for him since he lived nearby, so he'd blast his airhorn (probably with like, La Cucaracha or something). When he died and they looked at his transmission (automatic I'm guessing, again, basically a badass boomermobile in our third world shithole), apparently he never even got to third gear, judging from the wear, since he drove like a grandpa.
>>
Engines are like the mighty phoenix. They die but can be reborn again into that fiery existence of driving.

So do not fret about it. Use your car. The BP6D in my miata has over 220,000 miles. The last 40,000 have been driven by me and I whip it mercilessly. No issues. I have another BP6D I am rebuilding and it had 250,000 miles and the crank specs are exactly what they were from the mazda factory.
>>
>>15904555
>tfw no NA8 bored and stroked to 2.2
>>
File: 20160819_174317.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160819_174317.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>15903633
Yeah, I'm always concerned that it won't start on me or it will break down. Probably because I did a few repairs in it myself and don't trust my work yet, but still, it's a early 2000's Toyota and has never had an issue, so why am I so worried?
>>
I have a mazdaspeed 3 and am always afraid to go wot. I feel like it might blow up and it scares he shit out of me
>>
My car is a piece of shit that I can barely keep running. It leaks everything it can and makes all kinds of weird clicking and whining and clanking noises, I live in constant fear of the engine just exploding one day.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.