[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question. I have oil mixing in my coolant but no coolant mixing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: radiator with oil-300px.jpg (20KB, 300x251px) Image search: [Google]
radiator with oil-300px.jpg
20KB, 300x251px
Question. I have oil mixing in my coolant but no coolant mixing with my oil. Radiator and resevoir have that typically milky sludge fuck goop but my oil is clean as fuck and my auto transmission fluid is clean as fuck. Truck runs fine with no overheating and no smoke or misfires. What could this be other than a blown head gasket or cracked head?

Its a 2000 ford ranger 2wd automatic
>>
>>15901597
It's bhg I'm betting.
>>
Might have a hole or crack in the coolant jackets that's letting oil in.
Engine block could be fucked or you can fix it with JB weld if minor. You're gonna have to disassemble the engine to find out sadly.
>>
Cracked block. In reality its probably the head or gasket though.

The auto has nothing to do with the engine as far as fluids go.
>>
>>15901651
But the trans cooler is inside the radiator.

Just saying.
>>
Nothing.... If that gunk is oil, then the only way it could be getting into the coolant would be from a blown head gasket or cracked head..... Sorry.
>>
>>15901597
Oh god this reminds me of last week.
>be Subaru mech
>lady comes in with 2000 outback for an oil change
>fucking everything leak under the car.
>pan gasket, tranny gasket, both differentials, timing cover, oil lines, head gaskets,
>oil is jet black maybe half a quart poured out.
>check antifreeze over flow tank
>literally filled to the cap with engine oil
>open rad cap,
>milky milky milky oil oil oil
She was a teenage girl
The car was garbage.
>>
Intake or head gasket.

Friend just recently did an intake gasket on his 4.0 Ranger.
>>
>>15901670
>inside

Why not a separate radiator like normal?
>>
>>15901687
The vast majority of factory trans coolers are integrated into the radiator. And they break all the time mixing the coolant with trans fluid. But normally when that happens both will be filled with the same milky bullshit OP has.
>>
>>15901719
Makes me glad not to have one.
>>
>>15901739
Yeah, it's pretty fucking gay when it happens, and the radiator never even seems like a wear item that you should change to prevent it.

But more to the subject, OP's head/gasket is fucked, and he needs to face reality.
>>
Op here. This is not my truck but a friends. So is a bhg or cracked head the only thing it could possible be or could it also be maybe a atf line leaking inside the radiator?

Every other time I have seen a bhg it has always involved both oil to coolant and coolant to oil contamination. Never have I seen just oil in the coolant with the oil and tranny fluid being clean.
>>
>>15901807
It's definitely a head or gasket. But this isn't the only problem. You've also got blow-by that only lets the oil push out into the coolant.

Or the conspiracy answer, someone put oil on the radiator.

Or ANOTHER theory. The coolant is just fucking fucked the fuck up. It hasn't been changed, corrosion is abundant, and that's why the coolant is milky. Which is pretty norm for coolant that hasn't been changed, but you don't get that answer when you say it's oil. Coolant flush, twice, then new coolant and drive and check daily.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.