[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /o/, I'm thinking of getting a Cadillac Escalade ESV,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: cadillac_escalade_esv_1.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
cadillac_escalade_esv_1.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
hi /o/,
I'm thinking of getting a Cadillac Escalade ESV, 2005, with 200k miles. Asking $6,500 but will accept $5,000. It has a few dents but seems to run well. I'd like to take a trip to Florida from the northeast US, and bring a freshwater boat with me.
My question is mainly, for the purposes of a roadtrip and to move, would /o/ recommend a boxvan such as 2002 E350 Cube Van $4100 w/ 90k miles (pic to follow), or an Escalade ESV with 200k miles for $5k.
I haven't purchased many cars, so I need some advice before I fork over $5k...
>>
File: van.jpg (39KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
van.jpg
39KB, 600x450px
This is the van I'm considering.
>>
YOU FUCKING NIGGER.

ok now that we got that out of the way.

>GM
>>
>>15900778
>Cadillac
>200k miles
Definitely get the van.
>>
>>15900785
While I would prefer a Yukon, this ESV seems to be a good deal and drives exactly like a Yukon XL Denali I've had the pleasure of driving in the past. The price is right, and it has the tow hitch and DVD players...
The owner replaced the transmission in '13 and fixed the front end issues.
>>15900793
Srsly, they are known to have issues at that mileage?
My mom has driven Yukons for years, her current one has 200k miles and still goes strong.
>>
>>15900802
actually it's more reliable than you think and the trans is replaced... I think its a good deal, go for it
>>
>>15900802
Honestly if the trans has already been replaced I'd do it for that cheap. The 6.0L will easily do 300k and is much stronger than the Triton in the much less aero box van. Fuel economy would be terrible in that Ford.
>>
>>15900778
Why the fuck are you buying a vehicle to move? Rent a box truck to move and get a friend or family to drive your current car if you have one.
>>
go for it

i've always liked escalades, atleast ones that didnt recieve basketball american treatment.
>>
>a decrepit GM and a fucking box van

Why don't you just rent a truck to move and buy something less idiotic?
>>
>>15900778
If it's just for a move buy the van, but if it's for road trips taken the Escalade. Escalades are fucking top tier comfy for road trips. I've got one with 220k miles and it's fine. As long as there was regular maintenance you're good.
>>
>>15902356
Well, it would cost about $2000 to rent a penske and drive it for a move (a little less maybe).
Buying seems like the logical way to go.

It has some history
Accident reported
Transaxle replaced
Transmission replaced
Drivability/performance checked
Four wheel alignment performed
Inner tie rod(s) replaced
Right tie rod end replaced
Wheels checked
few years later:
Damage reported after
accident or other incident
Collision damage reported
Damage to right rear

but it seems good now.
does this destroy the value?
carfax still says its worth $9.5k
>>
>>15905322
moving expenses are tax deductible. rent a truck for 2k. why the fuck would you pay 5-6k then have no use for it after you move?
>>
>>15905346
Can still sell it
Another idea is starting a transport business with a van (moving items)
>>
Buy a fucking pickup truck you gigantic faggot
>>
Go for the Cadillac, OP. Once you're there, you can still keep using the Escalade for day to day things, unlike the big ass box van. The LQ4 is indestructible. Transmissions are a weak point, but if that's been recently replaced then you should be good. If everything fits in the Escalade, I'd choose that over the box van.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.