[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will economic minded Americans create a new diesel rush in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 20160926_180743-1.jpg (2MB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
20160926_180743-1.jpg
2MB, 1152x2048px
Will economic minded Americans create a new diesel rush in the land of the free and the home of the brave?
>>
Obama shoved a ton of regulations against diesel. There's so many emission systems on them they aren't reliable.
>>
File: gallery-3[1].jpg (194KB, 2120x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gallery-3[1].jpg
194KB, 2120x1000px
>internal combustion engines
>>
Diesel passenger cars are a meme. That shit belongs in work vehicles. Spend your resources on researching better petrol engines instead.
>>
File: tesla_fire.jpg (55KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
tesla_fire.jpg
55KB, 720x400px
>>15895346
>external combustion engines
>>
>>15895332
Not when the Diesel trim cost $10k extra.
>Guberment Motors
>>
Diesel is less economical in the US, since most are far more expensive, and you'll have to drive hundreds of thousands of miles to see a gain.
>>
>>15895365
>>
>>15895332
I hope so, no reason not to

>>15895767
No kidding, the diesel option in any of the 3/4-ton and up is $8k+

>>15895773
For economical reasons (with trucks) yes; with cars I'm pretty sure it takes less time. There are other reasons to buy diesel trucks however. I love gas heavy-duty pickups but there's nothing like hauling 20,000lbs up a grade and still gaining speed in a stock truck.
>>
>>15895332
The only time Americans want diesel cars is big trucks for towing shit, you're not gonna get them to buy them in regular passenger cars.
>>
>>15895332

Diesel has an image problem in addition to the recent VW issues that happened.

Everyone here has a story about the diesel car they rode in or they're family had in the 80s and how it sucked really bad, was slow, smelled like fuel, and they had to worry about if the station up ahead even sold diesel or not. Today, mention diesel to the general public and they'll either picture a freight truck, or some guy in (picture related) shitting up their street or their commute home from work.

So, no, I don't see it taking off.
>>
Hope so would love a diesal challenger
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.