[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a problem /o/. I have a 2000 Xterra that won't start.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: angergen.jpg (66KB, 720x706px) Image search: [Google]
angergen.jpg
66KB, 720x706px
Got a problem /o/. I have a 2000 Xterra that won't start. Yesterday I cleaned the engine bay with foaming Degreaser and hose water, no pressure washer or anything like that. I let it dry overnight, but today I go to try and start it and it's cranking but not firing. I have actually got it to turn after cranking it for a couple tries, Now I'm trying to crank it again and it won't fire at all. I've even tried to spray a bit of either in and it will backfire it out, idle at like 500 for a second, then die even with the gas held down. I've checked all related fuses like fuel ignition computer engine excetera and none of them were blown. Where do I go from here?
>>
Blump
>>
Air fuel combustion spark.

Suck squeeze bang blow.
>>
>>15893768
Yes. I'm not getting any bang unless I ether it.
>>
Can you hear the fuel pump prime in the run position?
>>
>>15893768
This.

It has to be 1 of these 4. Check your air filter, fuel lines/filter/injectors and gap your plugs.
>>
>>15893781
Not sure, I did a quick try at fixing it before I had to take my other car to work. I'll ask the wife to check

>>15893788
Not sure what it could have changed from 7pm last night to 7am today
>>
It's a Nissan. What else did you expect OP?
You should have run the engine right after so the water would have evaporated. You dungoofed badly.
>>
>>15893788
There is the fuel sender issue these have but it was replaced 2 years ago when we bought it (for sure, it actually died on the way home and the po paid to pick it up and get it fixed at the dealer) but it shouldn't be dead after only 2 years, I thought it Would last longer.
>>
>>15893823
But it's a pre 2004 Nissan.
The engine was slightly warm as the instructions said. Also running it would be a bad idea because of water on the alternator and shit
>>
Sounds like a fuel issue. Was all the water actually evaporated?
>>
>>15894220
I didn't check but it had been 12 hours so I would assume so
>>
Well I just got home for lunch and try to crank it over, and it started over just fine and is currently running smoothly. Idkwtf
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.