[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to LS swap a 190e? They seem like great timeless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1474339667008.jpg (124KB, 736x495px) Image search: [Google]
1474339667008.jpg
124KB, 736x495px
Is it possible to LS swap a 190e?
They seem like great timeless cars, but the only one for sale in my state, or any neighbouring states has a 72kw engine (barely 100hp)

Its only $2000 though in good condition

What are some unique cars that you think could use an LS swap?

>was thinking of replicating a 190e cosworth in appearance (I do have money... I just want something unique)
>>
File: the best or nothing.png (7KB, 528x418px) Image search: [Google]
the best or nothing.png
7KB, 528x418px
>>15891861
Do it, at least you won't be wasting a good FD like most the idiots out there.
>>
>>15891861
You can swap anything into anything. But if you don't have a shop and cash then good luck.
>custom motor mounts
>custom trans adapter
>custom DS
>custom wiring harness
>custom tune
>custom rear end
>custom diff
Enjoy spending $20k to get it even close to right.,
>>
Drop the OM606 diesel in it with the usual bolt-ons. It looks, sounds and smells an old diesel Merc, but it goes like something else
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FYttMIdUmA
>>
>>15891861
A 1uz swap would be a better choice as its more documented and can be done a lot cheaper.

If you want a bit more power with little effort swap a 300e 3L in there. Basically no work required and its a decent jump in power.
>>
If you need to ask, it means you don't know how to do it.

So the answer is no, its not possible.
>>
>all these people who've never worked on a w201
Get the front clip off a 6 cylinder car and go m104
>>
>>15891861
>Is it possible to LS swap a 190e?
Yes, I plan on doing just that btw after this volvo ls swap is done
>>
>>15891861

Best option is swap the engine from E320, 3200cc 220hp I6 24v, rock solid, easy swap, specially if you part from a 6 pot 190.

Source: I have a 190e 2.6, planning to do exactly this.
>>
>>15891935
>1uz
Why would you even swap that huge heavy and weak piece of shit into anything lmao what the fuck are you smoking.
Lay off the anime weaboo, japs can't into V8.
That swap makes literally no sense when LS engines exist.
>>
>>15892097
>butthurt amerifag detected
Who wants reliability and an engine that can withstand huge boost on stock internals.
Not you, thats who.
>>
I believe it can be done, but you might have to convert the steering to a rack-and-pinion system.

I swapped an RB20DET into a 190E, and there's barely enough room for a 2.5" downpipe due to the steering box. I also had to modify the lower gearbox support braces to make room for the steering linkage.

I'd suggest starting from the 2.6 instead of the weaker models, it already has a larger W124 diff, better brakes and stabilizers, and more room in the engine bay.
>>
>>15892125
Well, if you're gonna have the UZ, you have to have the LS anyway, so why not just go with the LS and save yourself the trouble??
>>
>>15892125
5.3 is literally THE V8 to boost, slap on eBay turbo and bam 600hp no problem on stock internals not even changing the cam or valve springs.
All fur dirt cheap with a massive aftermarket.
Good luck changing the cam on your 1uz lol
Good luck doing anything to a 1uz 2bh
>>
>>15892132
Im not from America so there is pretty much no aftermarket and only crap box ls1s from commys around and even then still expensive for what they are.
1uzs on the other hand are a lot more common as there is a ton of jap imports and jap engine sellers around
>>
>>15891861
I wouldnt mind LS swapping something with an unreliable engine
Say like an old lancia or alfa romeo but space is the limiting factor
>>
>>15891935
>1UZ
>more documented and cheaper than literally the most done engine swap in the entire fucking world
What the fuck are you smoking
>>
i'm an LS400 driver/1uz owner and even i think the 1uz guy in this thread is retarded
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.