[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about the meme that is the WRX? I fell for this meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

Can we talk about the meme that is the WRX? I fell for this meme several years ago. Here's a quick recap of my negative experience.

>break it in according to instructions
>do every recommended service, including changing the oil at every 3000 miles every time
>spins a main bearing at 29k miles and the engine destroys itself
>SOA and the dealer play this good cop bad cop charade with me where the dealer wants to warranty it but SOA refuses. They try to charge me $ 1,000 for the repairs as a courtesy.
>after some back and forth they agree to do the whole job as a 'goodwill' repair but refuse to call it warranty
>They never replace the turbo or even inspect it for damage to its bearings

What a joke of a car. I never abused, drove it toi hard, it or modded it ever. After looking into it, this same situation happens all the time.

Does /o/ have any experience with the WRX? Share them!
>>
>>
>>15889811
Women can feel free to strip in a 2015 Impreza because the guy driving it is obviously gay.
>>
It's Subaru, unfortunately. I just built a '12 STi. Did everything the "correct" way after doing research. Spent too much money, that at this point I don't feel to great about. I just got tuned after some minor complications on the dyno, and now two days later, the cars randomly acting up and dropping a bit of oil pressure.

Fuck these cars, as much as I love them.
>>
>>15889687
Subaru mechanic here. I think you're fucking lying. Oil changes are recommended every 6k so I know you're full of shit. Everyone dogs those cars and including you. Quit fronting nigga. I know after you grenaded your engine you were begging for a free one. Don't make me laugh.
>>
>>15889888
Then you've got people like this who totally buy into the lie. I wasn't begging for a new engine. I was politely insisting that the manufacturer honor their warranty that they sold the vehicle with.
>>
>>15889822
Funny thing is out of all the Gay men I know, a significant chunk drive Imprezas, and the lesbians have outbacks and foresters.
>>
>>15889903
I don't even drive a Subaru I just fix them. I'm a Honda guy myself. There's more to your story because if you bought any 15-17 wrx they have absolutely no fucking issues other than turbo boot duct recall. Either you bought a lemon or you fucked your tunes up for your sick mawds and tried to cover it up. 1 bad egg doesn't ruin the dozen dude.
>>
>>15889922
Every fan boy is like this. I clearly stated that I had absolutely zero mods. Never tuned. Only survived at the dealership. This happened to a 2012, by the way.
>>
>>15889945
The 12-13 ones were built like shit I have 5 of them at my dealership right now that need new motors. 3 of them are sti hatch backs. One guy broke 2 of his connection rods. So that explains why you had this happen you bought a shitty one from the shitty years. Congratulations.
>>
>>15889922
Lol I bet op money shifted.
>it.. it wasn't my fault guys...
>>
>>15889974
By motor do you mean engine?
>>
>>15889992
Probably.
>>15889994
Yes you foolio
>>
>>15889994
>this extreme autism
>>
>>15889974
So why is it seemingly the policy of SOA and their dealer network to blame the customer for buying a shitty product?
>>
>>15890024
You think I work for fucking corporate? No. Why does everyone ask me about SOA? I work in a sublet of there company that's it.
>>
>>15890043
What explanation does your dealership management give you to explain how you should blame the customer?
>>
>>15890051
Because engines don't just explode for no reason.
I know a guy that has an EVO 10. He's done all kinds of mods to it. A few weeks ago he was street racing and his engine decided to chuck a rod through the block. First thing the kid does is call Mitsubishi and his insurance company to make a claim because his engine "blew up for no reason". Point is, you're not telling the whole story. Your WRX didn't just decide it was time to explode. You were either driving the car like an idiot, money shifted, or heavy boosting on 87 octane.
>>
>>15890051
You can't be serious. Oh look another dude that thinks the dealerships are out to get them.
Stop thinking they try everything in their power to keep from replacing the motor. They have to and ultimately it's not up to them to honor your warranty or not it's SOA if you blew your shit before 36k you get a new motor. Now if you had a Cobb tuner and we tear apart your motor and we see signs of neglect we communicate to SOA and our techline. And you won't get a new one because YOU fucked up. It's not hard to take these engines apart and to see if you were fucking around and we will find it. So them saying it was a "good will" replacement is them probably finding something that you fucked up and are warning you that you won't get another. But like I said we don't know your full story.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 337x367px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 337x367px
>>15889687
>spins a main at 29K

Damn, and you fuckers give me shit for a 7M that blows a headgasket at 150K
>>
ITT: extremely defensive subaru enthusiasts defend poorly engineered parts
>>
File: vapecuk.png (225KB, 281x490px) Image search: [Google]
vapecuk.png
225KB, 281x490px
Yknow, maybe you should have gotten a miata.... I can money shift mine all day at 250 HP and 220 ft.lbs of tork without worrying about breaking something. I also don't need to sacrifice my wife's son to fix it either since parts are so cheap
>>
>>15890164
Subaru engines do.
>>
>>15890271
No, everyone who ever had a problem is a liar.
>>
File: whyyuhefftobemad.gif (2MB, 480x481px) Image search: [Google]
whyyuhefftobemad.gif
2MB, 480x481px
>>15889687
>not spraying water on the car first
whatthefuckisthis.jpg
>>
>>15889874
Zak?
>>
>>15889913
Its actually been proven that most females who own a subaru are dykes.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.