[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wont any car company build a manual transmission but with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: monroe.jpg (367KB, 2000x1641px) Image search: [Google]
monroe.jpg
367KB, 2000x1641px
Why wont any car company build a manual transmission but with a torque converter instead of a clutch?

this would effectively rid the annoying and hard to learn clutch while leaving the fun shift stick

Also up and down paddle shifters are nothing like a shift stick knob
>>
>>15889437
They have. Look up Chrysler fluid drive.

You still need a clutch to shift gears. It was kind of shit
>>
what's the point? we're all gonna die anyway. might as well get a cvt with paddle shifters, triptronic, or a GTR
>>
>>15889437
>hard to learn clutch

Son...
>>
>>15889437
saab did this

it wasn't received well iirc

just stop being a babby, using a clutch isn't hard
>>
https://youtu.be/BFYuyPP7Kio
>>
>>15889437
Its been done, but its over complicating something that doesn't need over complicating
>>
File: 081.jpg (111KB, 1857x1080px) Image search: [Google]
081.jpg
111KB, 1857x1080px
Monroe? Well I'm off to adult Gifs now
>>
>>15889437
>what is a sequential
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1APhLQVtlE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P7DKBeDAis
No torque converter or clutch, PURE GEARS but an occasional rebuild now and then because racecar transmission.
You're going to kill your wallet buying it and rebuilding it
>>
>>15889437
>hard to learn

sorry you have cerebral palsy
>>
I want the opposite.
8 speed clutchflite when?
>>
>>15889635
Looks too old be Monroe, but if its been a few years maybe.......

too bad she never did hardcore.
>>
>>15889673
Sequentials do typically have clutches though, almost all bikes are sequential and the majority of them have clutches.

You cant start off in first unless it has a giant synchro it can rape instead.
>>
>>15889437
If it could ever be implemented smoothly I'd like a manual transmission that will clutch/rev match for me very quickly as I grab the shifter.

I wouldn't really mind a manual if it didn't have 3 petals for my 2 feet. It's all fine until I need to brake and downshift but don't want to hold the clutch until I want to get back on the throttle.

Motorcycles are great because I don't have to do the heel-toe bullshit. I can rev match with the same hand I do my brakes with relatively easily, but my feet naturally have far less dexterity than my hands.
>>
>>15889725
there are such things as clutchless sequentials though. some motorsports like rallying like to use a clutch setup, current F1 transmissions are clutchless.but their gears get fucked after a race since they they force the gears to interlock when shifting.
A motorcycle is mostly a road vehicle not an F1 car, it needs its gears to last.
Didn't you watch the first video?
>>
>>15889816
>No torque converter or clutch, PURE GEARS

Didn't have to, as that is not entirely a true statement.

Also one would assume that OP has a on road vehicle as well and no need for a race car transmission.
>>
>>15889861
Ya but I want to make him scared of the costs and have him fucking learn how to use a clutch like the dumbcunt he is
>>
>>15889437
I would like to seize the means of her production.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.