[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>changing lanes with passenger in my car >"omg anon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (7KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 230x219px
>changing lanes with passenger in my car
>"omg anon why didn't you turn your head to check your blind spot!!"

It's 2016, why isn't blind spot elimination through proper mirror adjustment taught in driver's ed? Why is this nugget of information reserved for defensive driving classes after you get into an accident?

Don't people realize turning your head isn't a free action and comes with an associated risk?
>>
>>15887910
There's still a sizeable blindspot in most vehicles with the mirrors adjusted right
>>
>>15887910
Hand in your license, anon.
>>
>>15887917
I don't drive "most vehicles". I drive my car.
>>
>>15887917
There's always a blindspot period.
Big vehicles get it the worst because they can't turn their head.

I'm in agreement with OP to an extant. Turning your head is unnecessary outside of reverse, to a point of being dangerous in some situations.
>>
File: hD7i6lqSQONxWBUMg3xq_Blinspot.png (373KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
hD7i6lqSQONxWBUMg3xq_Blinspot.png
373KB, 960x720px
But motorcycles anon
>>
>>15887951
in b4 edgy teenager says "fuck donorcycles"
>>
>what are convex mirrors
>what is lidar
>what is genetic engineering for extra eyes on the back of your head

IT'S 2027 FOR GOD SUCKS WHY IS SWITCHING LANES STILL A LEADING CAUSE OF CAR ACCIDENTS
>>
There is still a blind spot. I have my mirrors properly adjusted, but I shoulder check nearly every time anyway. Maybe 1/250 times, there is a car that fit so nicely and magically to my side that they couldn't be seen in my mirrors.
>>
>>15887985
With mirrors properly adjusted that car has to be nearly side by side with you, behind only a little bit. You can easily see that in your periphery with a slight tilt of the head, your eyes don't have to be taken off the road.

This is different from the kind of shoulder checking most people do
>>
>get wink mirror
>can't use the provided mounting hardware without making new holes
Ayy
Gotta get around making a custom mounting bracket to reuse the sun visor.
>>
>>15887951
>that blue part
You would only see half of each blue part

Having to readjust my mirrors when backing up each time is too much work.
>>
Stop trying to act cool, OP. I drive a work truck with an assortment of convex mirrors to see every angle behind me, but even my mirror set up doesn't see the motorbike that snuck up beside me. Want to know how most side swipes happen? Idiots like you.

>I know my stuff I'm a good driver
>hurr I need to change lanes, better check the mirror for a brief flash.
>looks clear to me! Here I go!
>hyuk hyuk, golly me there was a twingo there! I didn't even see him!
>>
>>15887910
i usually dont look more than once if i know for a fact there is no one. for example, look back to move, a car or two come up in the lane with absolutely no cars behind them for a good half a mile or more, let them pass then shift over without looking
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.