[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friends ridicule me all the time for driving auto But i cant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 20160920_175638.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20160920_175638.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
My friends ridicule me all the time for driving auto
But i cant help it since i messed up my left ankle during a football game sophmore year
I can walk and run like i used to but sometimes I get a bit of pain when doing so
What should i do
I like the luxury of not worrying about shifting gears but i would like to drive a manual again
Also can some one recommend me a dash kit since the stock one for the 5th gen camaros suck (like a new radio bezel lol)
>>
File: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.jpg (233KB, 1500x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.jpg
233KB, 1500x1068px
>>15887315
>clutch use causes actual pain
>gets made fun of for not driving one

You need new friends, you faggot.
>>
>>15887315
Fuck your "friends". Don't sacrifice well being for approval
>>
>>15887315
You are one of the few cases of an auto being perfectly acceptable. Your "friends" are scum if they ridicule you for having an actual injury.

Your question seems more like something a medical professional would be able to help with.
>>
Yeah, keep your car, get new friends.
>>
Although I will say that some exercise to wounded joints is good. My spine is broken and can shift ony L5 and my right knee was injured 2 years ago. They typically feel better when I give them some exercise.
>>
>>15887439
Yeah its the same for me i usually have to stretch it a little to get some blood flow through it but its still hurts a bit when i use it heavily and since this car is my dd its usually hell going to and from work since theres a lot of traffic and i cant imagine it with a manual lol
>>
>>15887315
you're reason is a valid one. When you can afford one get a sporty car with paddles though ;)
>>
>>15887315
You have a good excuse. Consider looking at manual cars with a really light clutch mechanism if you want to drive one.
Better yet swing by the 5th gen camaro forums and see if they have any recommendations for you
>>
Everyone else in this thread is missing something important - he claims to be able to run, yet can't push in a clutch. What the fuck, I am disabled and can't run, yet I ride dirtbikes and have a manual car. My left ankle is pretty jacked up, but a clutch doesn't bother it. I think the friends are right, OP sounds like a bitch. Nobody "worries" about shifting.
>>
>>15887492
Having to work a stiff clutch can put more stress on an injured ankle than short runs and walks.
OP is expressing a valid concern.
Your argument is basically
>hur durr im injured and i can work a clutch just fine
All injuries are different. Sometimes its a specific, repetitive or load bearing motion that causes pain, as opposed to something high impact. Please think before you post next time.
>>
>>15887492
Yeah i did say that but i dont overexert myself like crazy i can do a good hour of exercise before my ankle starts throbbing and I did have a manual at one point after the injury but after driving with for about three months i just stopped and got the camaro again
>>
>>15887469
Wait have you tried to drive a manual in traffic before? Or in general? Depending on the car some have a really light clutch you might not have troubles. Also leave more space in front of you in traffic, you have to change gears and stop less, learn to time it right. Unless it's literally 1 mph bumper to bumper parking lot, there's no avoiding that
>>
>>15887522
Yeah i did both for about three months and it was bumper to bumper almost everyday lol especially on rainy days because there always some sort of accident
>>
if you really want a manual get a shitty project car or something like that that's manual. then you can drive either one
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.