[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you Americans buy the last Commodore? If so, would yo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Would you Americans buy the last Commodore?

If so, would you get it as a sedan, station wagon or ute?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Commodore_(VF)
>>
>>15873733
U T E
T
E
>>
>>15873733
The only reason I don't want it is because of the shitty electronic handbrake.
I slightly prefer the VE styling too.
>>
>>15873733
the americans had a chance of buying the VF as a chevrolet SS, and they still didnt want it. Despite the praise, look at the sales figures, its abysmal

This is the path you chose amerifats, FWD and SUV derived cars for now on
>>
Yeah that's one thing I hate about it too.
Seems it's usable at 15 km/h and under so it might still be okay. I stop the car with the parking brake when parking always. Just used to it.
So yeah the electronic parking brake is the worst part about it
>>15873733
Utility
>>
>>15873788
Why don't they like it?
>>
Sedan

Wagons are dumb and ugly. Utes can't do anywhere close to the level of work as a small truck can. I'd rather have a sedan.
>>
Hang on.
>last commodore
What happened to the proposed launch if the 2018 HSV? You know, with that ugly concept car
>>
>>15874007
Expensive, people don't want sleepers. The SS looks like a bigger Malibu, and most normies would rather spend $50k on a slow 5-Series or something with brand recognition than a fun, fast V8.

Either that, or they'd just rather opt to get a full-blown sports car.
>>
File: opel-ampera-top-1.jpg (30KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
opel-ampera-top-1.jpg
30KB, 600x315px
If they'd use the Alpha platform that Cadillac developed it probably wouldn't have to be the last Commodore.

I want a Alpha chassis car but i don't like the look of the Camaro/i may want 4 doors and i don't want to pay Cadillac CTS-V prices. They could easily fill that slot and keep the commodore name. i know (why) they are shutting down Commodore (and falcon) production in Australia because of slumping sales and they just can't justify keeping a factory way on the other side of the globe for a car who's market-base is dying.

They could produce them here in the same factory as the Camaro and simply export some to the few places where there are costumers left. That is basically what happened to the Volt. only built here then shipped anywhere there might be a few customers. (because there are not enough customers to justify a second factory overseas).
>>
>>15874111
NO STOP IT. I cant handle such a disgusting car being sold ever
>>
>>15874182

What? i Alpha platform Commodore? it would still have Commodore styling whilst just being on a different platform.
>>
>>15874007
Price, a coworker has one and it's a great car but costs $46k. Way too much for a Chevy that's not a corvette.
>>
I really really want an SS but I'm poor tbf
>>
>>15874111
you're only partially correct. It's also due to inflated employee wages and an unwillingness to update their factory line.

Take this from someone who knows, the guys out at Holdens will not update components unless there is pretty much a top to bottom retrofit of an entire line or a component is so old that it's not being manufactured. I still sell them a component that so no longer stocked in Aus, takes 12 weeks to get from the factory and litterally costs 34 times more than any other suitable, proven and stocked equivalent. I sell maybe 5 of these to Holdens a year and i know that every sourcable component is a similar story.
>>
Would buy as a UTE.

Unless it was rebadged then I wouldn't bother.
>>
>>15873733
coupe
>>
>>15874007
Zero advertising

Looks like a Malibu at the dealership parking lot, so nobody bothers to check it out
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.