[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got a new subaru (exact car in picture) Should I plastidip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Just got a new subaru (exact car in picture)
Should I plastidip the rims black?
>>
File: subaruplastidiped.jpg (46KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
subaruplastidiped.jpg
46KB, 500x315px
>>15872382
I just realized this is probably a slow moving thread, so I'll leave some questions up:

Should I mask off lugnuts with tape?
Is it realistic to expect to be able to fit a bag to mask the rotor through the spokes of that specific rim?
Is it better to put index cards around rim or spray time with armorall?

photoshop skillz 4 the bump
>>
>>15872382
I hope to god it's manual or your gonna hate life
>>
>>15872395
No automatic. What's the issue?
>>
>>15872408
Don't plastidip the wheels.
>>
>>15872408
Dumb Ass. You always buy manual. I hope your timing belt snaps
>>
>>15872382
No you should not. Only poorfags and ricers dip things. Dip just looks dull and shitty very quickly.
>>
File: Subaru-WRC_Concept-2007-1024-01.jpg (119KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Subaru-WRC_Concept-2007-1024-01.jpg
119KB, 1024x768px
>>15872382
>>15872391
>Should I plastidip the rims black?
I wouldn't recommend it. Would look tacky as shit against the red. If it were boyracer blue I'd recommend either a dark gray or the classic bronze-gold wheels.

Clean is the way to go here.

>>15872408
CVT automatic a shit. Subaru makes one better than most but that's like saying it's not as gay to take just the tip in your bumhole.
>>
>>15872391

take the wheels off to do it and use cards to protect the tire if you want it to look good

i did it on my shitbox when i was rebuilding racecar and just sprayed straight on without covering brakes/tires/lugs. it wont look great close up but form a few feet away its fine. since its rubber itll rub off the rotors and melt off the caliper eventually
>>
>>15872391
I don't think it will look very good, OP. Base model cars with plastidipped wheels is like one of the biggest ricer flags you can fly

If you do decide to do it, take the wheels off the car when you dip them. Otherwise, you're going to have a difficult time getting them properly coated without making a mess of the car.

What I would recommend is doing a suspension upgrade like an eibach kit. It'll lower it inch or so, it'll look clean and handle better. Skip the painting. For a car like this, just keep it mostly stock. Not worth the money to mod it really
>>
>>15872382
Get a vape first.
>>
>>15873171
Not OP but I had a question, are eibach springs quality parts? I drive a lancer GTS and I'd like to lower it a little bit but I'm afraid of buying aftermarket suspension parts.

also I don't know shit about shit and would a mechanic install it for me if I bought it? or do they not really do that?
>>
OP to answer your question: Plastidipping is alright for a good bit but in my opinion its a temporary option. It fades and if you want it to look good continuously you really have to take the wheels off every 5-6 months and re do them, it's a huge pain in the ass and it'll cost like 45-50 dollars in more dip and glossifier each 5-6 months for it to stay clean.

At that rate, just budget for some wheels.
>>
It depends on why you're doing it, I guess.

I PlastiDipped the wheels of my cheap commuter car, a 2014 Chevy Spark.

Do I think it looks cool? Absolutely not.

Do I think it will help prevent corrosion from winter road salt? Honestly, probably not. But it's worth trying, right?
>>
>>15873830
Eibachs are good

Mechanic will install your springs but not for free just because you bought them off them.. there is something called a labour rate.
>>
>>15872382
That is not a new Subaru
>>
>>15873959
Im aware of that I wasn't implying it would be free. Thank you though. Do mechanics get upset if I bring the kit to them and pay for labor? Is that rude?
>>
Dude you should get a cold air intake and then remove a few wheel nuts for weight reduction
>>
>>15874085
Hope you're still around anon, had a nap.
to answer your Q
Nah, I work at a garage and we don't mind if customers get their own parts. just make 100% sure they are the correct ones so you aren't wasting their time and your money
>>
>>15872382
No. You should KYS.
>>
>>15877175

This desu

Plastidip = I'm a vaping loser that delivers pizza

make sure to put some "illest" stickers on your windshield if you do pursue the plastidip route.
>>
>>15872382
>Subaru
Good taste. What kind of engine? Turbo? Manual transmission? If you answer yes to the last two, and an I or V6 for the first, you can.

If not, you're going to have some problems there.
>>
File: 4L_as4oicPo.jpg (33KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
4L_as4oicPo.jpg
33KB, 380x285px
>>15877700
>Subaru V6

Also don't rice your base model impreza OP, just buy some rims and you'll get laughed at less.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.