[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I'm looking at a few 1997 firebirds for my first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 4867620003_large.jpg (41KB, 575x431px)
4867620003_large.jpg
41KB, 575x431px
Hey /o/ I'm looking at a few 1997 firebirds for my first car. It's in my price range and they look pretty nice, in my opinion. Is there any other car that would be a better alternative, or is the firebird just known as a bad car? Any info would help. Thanks
>>
You have to wear a condom at all times when driving one, otherwise any girl that gets in or even touches it will get pregnant
>>
>>15868043
Thanks for the advice.
>>
Buy it, but make sure it's the v8
>>
File: c4zr1.jpg (174KB, 855x449px)
c4zr1.jpg
174KB, 855x449px
>>15868025
How about a 92-96 Corvette?
>>
http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews-by-region/north_america/pontiac/firebird/1997/single-page/

Look through these reviews paying attention to what had to be replaced and what broke and when etc etc.

Then find a firebird forum and ask questions about what to look for when buying a car, dont get swept up in "its pretty and i want it". You need to make sure you aren't buying a total POS.
>>
>>15868043
lol

my fucking sides

every girl Ive ever meet thinks those cars are ugly as hell (which they are)

also enjoy your shitty handling shit interior shit and t tops

these cars are complete shitboxes and the only thing of worth about them is the Lt1 which is shit compared to the LS
>>
I've had my fair share of F bodies and they are all junk.

The lt1 is a garbage ass engine. Backwards coolant flow, distributor below the water pump, and basically a slightly larger TPI setup.

If you're gonna get an f body, get a late LS based fourth gen.
>>
>>15868025
You really should get the 98-02 with the ls1.
>>
>>15868066
Thanks man, I appreciate the link. I found the forum firebird nation, and I'm sure I'll find what I need there.
>>
>>15868068
>ignorance: the post
>>
>>15868797
I'll have to check it out, is It just a more powerful engine?
>>
>>15869710
more reliable, built for the 'vettes at the time.

hell, the LS1 is the granddaddy of what's running in the C7 Stingrays today.
>>
>>15868025
I have an 02 WS6 with a manual which has an LS1 and is the facelifted model of the one you posted.

Overall I really like the car and it's been a ton of fun to own these past few years. My neighbor has a 96 camaro which is the same as a firebird and he's built the fuck out of his LT1. They're great cars just make sure you get one with a V8.

Also look out for
>leaky t-tops
>broken headlight motors,
>broken electric door window motors
>noisy, rusted rear end
>>
>>15868025
A 99-04 mustang GT would also be a good choice, granted they wouldn't be as fast. It's all up to preference
>>
>>15868068
>gf back in the day wanted to buy a prelude
>turned down by honda financing
>goes and buys a used '97 T/A 6spd
>ask her what the reasoning behind this was since it was nothing like a prelude
>"I like the way it looked"
>>
>>15868025
They're fun to play as a weekend / hobby car.

Not a good car to DD.
>>
>>15871564
I guess today this would be true, but back in '00 it was a fine DD. Except when it snowed.

>>15871489
Having extensively driven a '97 T/A they're a pretty dead heat stock vs stock with a New Edge up to 4th. Jellybean SN-95s are much, much slower though.

>tfw raced my friend in his auto '97 GT vs my gfs T/A 6spd
>bus lengths were pulled
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.