[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know Tesla makes fast af sedans and SUVs(it's a goddamn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot (196).png (672KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (196).png
672KB, 1366x768px
I know Tesla makes fast af sedans and SUVs(it's a goddamn minivan in my eyes but they call that way).

BUT how reliable are these cars?
>>
The 2013 Model S was a huge piece of shit, not sure how the newer models are. You'd think they would improve with time but I have heard that they have started cutting corners on the assembly line to improve profit margins.
>>
>>15861849
>that they have started cutting corners on the assembly line to improve profit margins.
That sucks to hear.
>>
>>15861824
>fast af sedans
over 10min BtG with a professional race driver. Making it considerably slower than the Merc S320, BMW 328, Subaru Impreza Evo X every modern hot hatch.
>>
>>15861866
I don't know if it's actually impacted quality at all, it could all be shit pushed in the media by their competitors. I know most Tesla owners seem to love them despite their issues so it can't be that bad. I'd probably buy a P100D if I could afford it.

Oh and the X is not really a "mini-van" per se, it's got a towing capacity of 5000lbs which is well beyond minivans.
>>
They have terrible quality. So bad owners spammed Consumer Reports on their 5 star rating because they knew it was bullshit forcing them to write a honest article about Tesla. The Roadster and the S were supposed to be piles of shit sold to rich people to get the company on their feet and produce real good cars to the masses.
>>
>>15864207
>So bad owners spammed Consumer Reports on their 5 star rating because they knew it was bullshit forcing them to write a honest article about Tesla.
This is going to be a problem with any professional reviewer. Unless you own the car and drive it for a 1-3 years you can't really give a fair impression of how good or bad it is. They drive these things for at max a week which is well before any of the numerous issues that plagued the 2012-2014 Teslas will appear.
>>
>>15864222
Consumer Reports' test car was dead on arrival the first car to ever do that to them. They gave it 5 stars because "the warranty and customer service was good"
>>
>>15864242
I did not know that, holy shit that's bad. Don't they usually provide two vehicles when performing reviews?

The warranty and customer service probably is good, but it's good with any luxury car so that is hardly a selling point.
>>
>>15863955
They're fast in a straight line, lets put it that way.

Fast where it actually matters? No they're dogs.
>>
>>15864247
http://www.consumerreports.org/cars/tesla-reliability-doesnt-match-its-high-performance/

I guess you can say their reliability would be the same as other luxury brands, maybe a little below average right now. But the real issue is going to be serviceability. Right now their warranty covers all cars at the moment for 8 years no matter how many owners it's been through. Everything has to be done by Tesla technicians, which would be Ferrari, rolls royce levels of maintenance cost to the owner.
>>
>>15861824
Electric cars are fundamentally more reliable than IC cars. The electric motor is something they got right in the late 19th century and since then has only been refined, never reinvented.
>>
>>15865813
The rest of the car falls apart. The electric door handles sometimes doesn't come out, there are rattles and squeaks, Tesla has specifically mentioned Ludicrous mode uses voltages that exceeds what the motors are rated for.
>>
Every post in this thread is complete nonsense so far
>>
>>15865895
Then why don't you post something useful and sensible if the other posts are "nonsense"?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.