[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey I don't know much about taking care of cars I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: shopping.jpg (11KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
11KB, 360x360px
Hey

I don't know much about taking care of cars

I was told to use fucking dishwashing liquid to wash my car

Is that retarded as I think it sounds or legit?
>>
>>15859257
It works. It might not be great for your paint but I'm not sure. The degreasing soap works pretty well.
>>
It wont actually hurt the paint, but it will remove wax from it.

So if you want to take care of your paint, you will have to wax it everytime you wash using dish soap.

Either wash using just water, or a soap made for cars.
>>
People use that before they buff their paint and do corrections or before paint prep.
Good to get the grease and wax off before doing work.
>>
>>15859257

No. Don't do it unless it's a DD you don't care about.

If you ever own a nice car, do NOT use dish soap on it. If you want to remove wax during washing, use a light citrus soap specifically for cars (chemical guys)
>>
>>15859257
Look up the archived detailing threads.

Some dishwashing detergent has additional additives such as enzymes, so be sure to do a good rinse. Those enzymes help to strip the stubborn polymer oils and silicon oil off the paint and microscopic crevices in the clear coat.
>>
>>15859754
Link for a pleb?
>>
>>15859257
It will strip that wax off. If your going to rewax your car after or just plain don't give a shit it's fine.
>>
>Stripping paint and wax
Eww

You all have any preferred brands of car soap?
>>
>>15859257
Works fine. They use the cheapass stuff on the vans where I work, doesn't seem to harm the paint or the vinyls at all.

Strips the oil and grime off the loading bay like crazy, too.
>>
No, get a real car care kit. Chemical Guys has a good bucket + mitt + citrus wash soap + grit guard for like $30.
>>
>>15859427
Exactly this

/thread
>>
>>15861754
Meg Gold Class or bust
>>
>>15861754
>>Stripping paint
You're a mental retard
>>
Fucking google it.
>>
>>15859257

Dishwash soap just removes all greases. And it might attack plastics.

Either you go autistic route and you get a complete glorified car washing, some fools call it detailing, kits.

Or you just buy two buckets, a microfiber glove, some car soap with wax and you wash your car with some degree of care without going full retard and overvaluing a piece of metal and plastic.
>>
>>15865055
>overvaluing a piece of metal and plastic
You don't belong here.
>>
>>15865074

Sure tripfag.

Theres a difference, a very big one, between liking cars, using them, experiencing them and overvaluing the shit out of them to the point of wasting time and being afraid of USING THEM.
>>
>>15865074

You see those videos about those oldfucks with their 356's, modded A's, muscle cars and whatnots? Who do you see that always ever and ever again has the best stories?

The ones that have garage queens or the ones that have parts missing, fucked up trims, dents, scratches, repairs and more?

I guess you can answer the question.

You people criticize boomers for their pristine overvalued cars and you end up doing exactly the same in an even worse manner, with cars that sometimes don't even surpass the shitbox status.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.