[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a used car in Spring when I have some cashed saved up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1470987853403.jpg (222KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1470987853403.jpg
222KB, 720x540px
Getting a used car in Spring when I have some cashed saved up and I've been tossing around what I'd like in my head for the past couple months. My parameters are that it has to be post 80 and pre-2000, a coupe or sedan, manual transmission, and is quick or can be made to be quick, looking to learn more about cars and would like something to tinker with. My top dollar will probably be about $8000.

Models I had in mind were the Miata, Integra, Fiero, and Civic Si (hatchback would be preferable). Any other recommendations to be made?
>>
File: subra.jpg (88KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
subra.jpg
88KB, 500x375px
Toyota Supra A70.
>>
File: 1470099273802.jpg (596KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1470099273802.jpg
596KB, 2048x1536px
E30.
>>
>>15858273
E28 rather
>>
??

Just get a Mustang GT Coupe/Convertible 2005-2009.

They're solid cars, and normies will appreciate it. They're decently fast and the market is heavily saturated. I know it's not what /o/ approves of, but they are seriously good for the money.
>>
>>15858248
If you want a tinker car, get a decent car like >>15858287 suggested and spend $2k on a beater to work on.
>>
I should've also mentioned I'm in Missouri and the majority of used cars around here are either rednecks selling their Mustangs or 90's Corvettes or douchers with ricers, so I figured I'd opt for the latter because at least those can look alright if they aren't made to look ridiculous, plus I don't much care for the post 80s aesthetic of most American cars (exception being the Fiero). Point being, my selection is a bit limited to what's available.
>>
>>15858307
I live in southern Illinois, and I suggested the Mustang. The market for mid 2000s Mustangs, which I suggested, is very saturated in my area, which is also your area. These models are the ones that had a throwback to the 80s muscle aesthetic, and they're decently fast. 5.1 0-60. Plenty of parts and aftermarket.

I get what you're saying, this is just the only car I can personally recommend at your price point. It's a good idea to at least consider it.
>>
>>15858325
Fair enough, I'll look into it. Any model year in specific that stands out from the rest?
>>
>>15858248
Mods are fucking expensive. OEM-alike replacement parts are fucking expensive. Add in professional labor, even once, and it gets really fucking expensive.

Cut your budget in half and save the other half for parts, or maybe a whole parts car.
>>
>>15858347
Not that I know of. I've been researching for literally 2 years while I've been saving up and I'm going to be getting a GT convertible 5spd. They're all over the place between $7k-$11k, and that's asking price at dealerships. If you buy private, you can get a really solid one with relatively low mileage well within your budget and it'll be more than fast enough that you will not want to mod it. I definitely wouldn't pick one up with over 120k miles, and if you go private, make sure you find out how many miles the current owner put on it and go on a test drive with THEM driving at first so you get an idea of how they've been driving it. Don't buy from some 18-24 year old - we all hoon them.
>>
>>15858248
If i were you id take that 8k and finance a Yamaha motorcycle. Doesnt matter which one but i wouldn't recommend the super sports if its your first bike. You can get an FZ-07 for 8k OTD. But i would recommend financing because yamaha has really good financing and its a great way to build your credit. You dont have to put any money down either so you can invest that 8k or smthn. Or just make the payments for a year and then pay it off.

If you NEED a car exactly i would use that 8k as a down payment to get you into a nice 4 series or smthn. Bump those raggity ass cars everyone elae is suggesting
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.