[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greeting /o/, I require your honest opinions. This morning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Her.jpg (257KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Her.jpg
257KB, 2048x1152px
Greeting /o/,

I require your honest opinions.

This morning my wife was driving her 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria to work on the freeway. The car has 75k original miles and is in immaculate cosmetic condition. I paid $1400 for it from an old woman that had about a decade of service receipts.

At some point during the drive, the heater supply line came detached and her coolant was pumped out onto the roadway behind her as she drove along. For one reason or another, she didn't notice anything until the check engine light came on.

When the check engine light came on, and she called me to let me know it had come on and she could hear a light "clicking" noise. That's all she told me, so I told her to take it easy and get off at the next exit. I live in a large city, so there is an exit every 0.75-1 mile or so.

By the time she got there, the car had broken down and she pulled over on the side of the off ramp. She called me again to tell me the "power steering wasn't working and there was lots of smoke". Naturally, this is when I got my ass in my car and drove out to meet her.

By the time I got there everything had cooled down, and I started looking for the problem. I found the disconnected line right away, and started fearing the worst. I had the vehicle towed to a shop so they could take a look. They haven't torn the heads off or anything, but they said it's getting shit compression and won't start, and that the engine is dragging when they try to turn it over.

How fucked am I, and if you don't know what do I need to check to know how fucked I am? It's pretty apparent at this point that the engine overheated badly. Are the head gaskets fucked? The heads themselves? The whole top end of the motor, the whole motor? How should I proceed?

tl;dr Horribly overheated a 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria, won't start now, how fucked am I?

Pic related.
>>
If it's slow to turn over then the piston has probably grabbed the bore. It's fucked, just chuck a second hand engine in or buy another car.
>>
>>15857712
She probably intentionally crippled it out of spite.

Who would buy their wife such an old car? Women only appreciate flashy shit, she probably felt embarrassed driving that land barge.
>>
>>15857730
This, you're about right next door to a seized engine
>>
>>15857735
This.. If i saw fucking cops driving a better newer version of what i drive on a daily basis id do the same thing to.
>>
>>15857730
>>15857750

Fuck me, that's what I was afraid of. I don't have an engine hoist or a full set of SAE tools (my car is a euro and everything I have is metric). I don't have any idea what a second hand engine would cost either.

I doubt the cost of having a shop do it would make sense in context of the value of the car.

>>15857735
>>15857762

Aren't you guys supposed to be in school or something?

>Buying my wife a car.

What kind of a cuck do you think I am? She found this car, chose it, and paid for it herself.
>>
>>15857794
Either has a 351 Windsor or a 4.6 modular, both are extremely common engines in murica
>>
What's with Ford's and coolant lines just falling apart? Here's the thing. Mild overheating would usually warrant a resurfacing of the head and gasket

Ford/GM really needs to stop mucking around with coolant lines
>>
>>15857712
Sorry to hear that, man. My first car was an 89 LTD and I really liked it. That 5.slow was perfect for big smokey burnouts
>>
>>15857807
302 or 351. The 4.6 came out in 1991.
>>
>>15857712
>For one reason or another, she didn't notice anything
Because she is a female?

Yeah you're fucked
>>
>>15857807

It's a 5 liter Windsor.

>>15857816

I couldn't tell you. I've seen this more than once, but only on Fords from that specific era. The fitting that the line came off of wasn't even flared, 90's were shit.

>>15857835

It's a perfect car, she's absolutely heartbroken that this has happened to it. I want to be pissed because I feel like she should have noticed SOMETHING, but I wasn't there so I can't even be mad about it. The water pump on my 1984 380SL seized up once, and it cooled well enough from airflow that the temp gauge never redlined and I didn't notice until it threw the belt, so who the fuck knows.
>>
>>15857816
26 years is a decent service life for a heater hose
>>
>>15857794
>what kind of cuck do you think i am
you said in the OP that your wife was driving her 1990 Ford and in the very next sentence said I paid 1400 for it
>>
>>15857895

Yeah, I realize I made a semantics error. "I" didn't pay anything for it, she did.
>>
>>15857712
>How fucked am I
You can get a decent running 302 off of CL for $400 anytime you want.
>>
waste of a nice LTD CV, should've never let your wife behind the wheel of it
>>
Divorce her now. Best get it out of the way sooner rather than later.
>>
>>15857794
>What kind of a cuck do you think I am? She found this car, chose it, and paid for it herself
>I paid $1400 for it from an old woman that had about a decade of service receipts.
A very cucky cuck. Why would a woman want such a crappy car? Did you ever question it?

She was probably giving it to her bull as a gift to donk out.
>>
>>15857901
certified cuckā„¢
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.