[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it me or almost all new "performance" cars nowadays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

Is it me or almost all new "performance" cars nowadays overpriced, pigfat, and have shit visibility? You can't have anything remotely exciting unless you pay out the ass for it.
>>
please don't compare anything out of the 90s that had 120bhp. some of us remember those cars. and they were SHIT
>>
>>15854782
>120hp

my 91 civic has 62 hp (d15b6)
>>
>>15854776
Todays"pigfat" sports cars are doing 0 to 60 in 4 seconds or less with top speeds in excess of 180 mph. You have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>15854782
I'm not comparing anything to the 90's, although I think we all have a soft spot for cars of that generation.

I'm saying that almost all new cars suck. Take the FRS/BRZ for example. Sure, it's pretty lightweight and the forward visibility is good too. But then I look at the fucking price tag of $27k, and you only get 200HP. The Mustang/Camaro are pretty fast, but then you realize that it's a $33k car, and weighs 2 tons with a driver. Not to mention the absolute shit visibility in them. You want something really fast? Prepare to spend close to 6 figures on it, which is a shitty idea unless you're rich.
>>
>>15854816

list off all the luxuries for both of those cars
>>
>>15854824
Are you talking about shit like

>Bluetooth/GPS
>50 airbags
>Electronic aids
>Emissions hardware
>>
>>15854852
I think he's referring to the fact that sports cars these days also double as luxury cars, most of the time. So you're getting shafted for both the luxury cost and performance cost, making them really expensive.

He just didn't say it in the clearest way.
>>
>>15854816
ae86 cost a similar price adjusted for inflation and only had 100hp
whats your point?
>>
>>15854776
because when you crash them. the pillars go BLOOP and you're a squished bugger.
>>
>>15854776
>complains about new cars being overpriced
>new cars
>overpriced

there's your problem
solution = buy used
>>
Considering for inflation, cars mentioned so far aren't expensive. 33k For a V8 Mustang might seem like a lot, but in 2002 the V8 mustang was around 24k, which in today's dollars, is around 33k. I went back and compared a 1985 GT and it was significantly cheaper even considering for inflation, but man was the fox chassis brutal.

Overall I think performance is cheaper these days, especially considering something like a Fiesta ST can be had for under 23k I believe. The 86 is relatively cheap for what you get. And I think a new Mazda Miata is a freakin' bargain.
>>
Sports car enthusiasts buy used most of the time. We rely on stupid kids and the retarded of society to buy the new sports cars and then sell them later when they can't afford them. Right now however, most of you faggots are broke and can't impulse buy a new car, so manufacturers aren't making as many.

I still can't wait for the 8k used ND miatas though, what a time to be alive.
>>
>>15855657

Problem is that wages aren't keeping up with inflation so everything does seem like a lot more.
>>
Reminder that the list price of an FD3S in 1993 started at $32k with no options.

With inflation that is ~53k
>>
>>15854899
In what world does an AE86 cost around 20K + you moron.
>>
>>15854776
I made a similar thread yesterday and I pretty much share the same sentiment. I have an extensive background in tractor engineering so I have a pretty good grasp of what it takes to engineer and manufacture a modern car. Manufacturers are intentionally shortchanging consumers. It's nothing surprising but this trend is particularly worse in the car industry. If you want the most bang for your buck, go get a motorcycle.
>>
>>15855665
wages are keeping up fine. it's just teh idiot redditors that regurgitate this nonsense are unskilled and can't find an appropriate job
>>
>>15855752
This person cannot read
>>
>posts an overpriced pigfat shitbox thats slower than just about modern anything

lmao
>>
>>15854776

They all have shit viability. The most amazing driving experience is in a 80s car with t tops. Its another world nothing else compares to cruising through the canyons with t tops.
>>
>>15854816
how much was a 240sx, miata, integra gsr, and camaro z28 in 1995 adjusted for inflation

i'll wait
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.