[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting a taxi business, I need opinions on the best cars. Cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (10KB, 309x163px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 309x163px
Starting a taxi business, I need opinions on the best cars. Cars that require minimal maintaining. Also a lemon radar would help.
>>
fleet of ecoboost Mustangs
>>
I run a car service in a European country. Where are you located?
>>
>>15853960
why the fuck would you do this? Use the money for your fleet to finance a year of college.
>>
>>15853960
Prius
>>
>>15853960
geo metros
>>
File: img053.jpg (556KB, 2058x1445px) Image search: [Google]
img053.jpg
556KB, 2058x1445px
>>15853960
all depends on where you plan on starting this business.

deisel or petrol?
auto or manuel?
correctly licenced or hire thieving scumbag bastard
how many cars?
expected hires per week?
mainly city work or airport runs or rural?

regardless, you want cheap disposable workhorses.
i ran my own cab company for a while.
here in the UK i used Vauxhall(Opel) Cavaliers(Kadett) or Hyundai Stella (Mk4 Ford Cortina in Korean dress)

you want something you can work on easily, parts are cheap and easy to source.

best place to look for insperation is the main taxi rank at the nearest international airport, whatever those guys are mostly comonly driving is pretty much the car for the job.

oh and grab a couple of estate cars(station wagons) they're bloody handy during the ski season for airport runs

pic related, my personal was the Mondeo Estate
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 1265x635px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 1265x635px
>>15853960
the only reasonable choice cousin
>>
The shitiest thing I found out about the ride services is that they have to have a 7 year old car or newer, some areas 5.
>>
>>15854005
i'll tell you why he should do this,

>be me
>be 1990
>be unemployed as fuck
>apply for taxi badge
>captain nightshift on someones cab
>pay him £130 per week rental
>earning around £500 take home a week
>1991 apply for bank loan
>obtain loan and purchase own taxi licence abd cab
>put some other unemp guy on nights, i drive days
>charge him £130 per week for nightshift
>still earning my £500 take home
>the £130 i saved is now paying bank loan
>1993 loan is paid
>obtain second loan
>buy second cab and plate
>put 1 unemp on days
>one on nights
>each pay £130
>so now i'm earning my £500 per week plus 3x£130 and my original £130 i was paying is still paying second loan
>£900 per week is a lot to bank
>1994
>buy taxi company
>set up finance
>purchase 12 cars
>now have 14 cars
>put dayshift and nightshift on 12 cars
>have a personal and a spare
>drivers now paying me £130 per week rental for cars AND £50 a week radio rental

rest is history mate
>>
>>15854110
It's not 1990 anymore
>>
>>15854032
If you remember the Stellar you must be pushing 60.
A lot of things have changed since then.

Pretty much the only two brands worth buying right now are PSA or Mercedes.
And Ford too, if you want a van.
Nissan/Renault and Fiat too if you want MPVs.

Many companies are switching to MPVs.
Sedans are out and sliding doors are in.

Also the biggest factor is not actually the brand of car, but how big of a deposit you have to put down.
>>
>>15853998
Nyc>>15853998
USA Nyc
>>
>>15854117
yeah i know, and i no longer have to work for a living mate

just because i did it 20 odd years ago does not mean its not possible now.

where i bought my cab company still has very limited public transport and at this moment in time no longer has a cab company, if i was young enough i'd start it back up again

so no reason OP couldn't do something similar, right place at the right time etc
>>
>>15854110
That's the exact game plan
>>
>>15854146
>If you remember the Stellar you must be pushing 60.

hence the trip

Mercedes all over Europe want to be seen as reliable, cabbies get huge discounts on new vehicles
Mercedes in the UK are too far up their own pretentious arses they refused to have the brand seen as "just a taxi"

Ford have issues over here so i cant comment on US Fords
>>
Why would you start a taxi business in the age of uber and lyft? The way taxi drivers protest makes it seem like it's the end of days for them
>>
>>15854172
go for it then, and best of luck.

my original plan was taxi's for two years, pass my pilots licence, taxis for 2 more , get my commercial pilots ticket then Seychelles and air taxi.

happy it went the way it did though
>>
>>15854178
because at some point something is going to go very very wrong in an Uber or Lyft car and the whole operation will die over night.
these drivers are not checked the way cabbies are, someone is going to be very sorry the chose Uber or Lyft over a licenced cab
>>
>>15854178
Well I would think everyone would have known it's going to be a uber, lyft business. I'm located in nyc.
>>
>>15854216
It already happens. There are rapes, murders. But no one really gives a shit because it's cheap and with a taxi you're guaranteed a smelly Indian driving a obnoxiously painted crown Vic, Prius or minivan.
>>
>>15854216
I doubt it.
>>
>>15854216
silly old man. You business would fail.

Dont get me wrong, what you did when you were younger sounds amazing but you have to get with the times.
>>
>>15854158
>>15854110
>2016
>buy cab
>get fucked by the government
>uber steals all my business anyway
>>
>>15853960
4 door
full size
spongy suspension
detune already reliable engine for maximum life
>>
My father used dodge caravans and ford freestars. Dirt cheap to buy and fix. He prettt muched used that as disposable cars there so cheap
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.