[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm being offered a 2004 VW Jetta gls 2.0 as a first car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2484.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2484.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
I'm being offered a 2004 VW Jetta gls 2.0 as a first car for what I think is a decent price and excellent mileage..

just wanted to hear /o/'s thoughts on the car.. worth buying or nah?
>>
Meh.
Electronics will go wrong, although the 2.slow is a solid engine. Underpowered, but solid.
>>
>>15850112
I have a 2001 VR6 Sedan. I would not recommend any other engine for those cars. Just personal preference, I'm not a fan of 4 cylinder engines.
>>
>>15850117
Shut the fuck up. You don't know anything about electronics.
>>
>>15850117
>Electronics will go wrong

most plebshit answer you could ever say
>>
>>15850129
4 cylinder engine shouldn't be a problem, rides aren't going to need to be so intensive and I'm trying to save on gas

mileage is about 80k and she's asking for $3800 doesn't seem too bad for a first car, and it's mostly going to be used for three hour rides from college to my hometown once about every month
>>
>>15850117
>Electronics will go wrong
what did he mean by this
>>
>>15850165
auto or manual? The automatic trans on the mk4 was a common problem. along with window regulators. A mk4 is only worth buying if it has the 1.8t, vr6, or tdi and a manual.
>>
>>15850112
Just get it. For $3800, it seems straight. Do a VIN check too though and make sure the title is clean and it hasn't been rekt in the past. Mileage is low enough and if it wasn't abused you should get another 50k out of it before something huge breaks.

Just remember around 80k-100k you will probably be seeing a handful of $100 parts that need to be replaced here or there but that's the same with every car. It you can wrench, it will be cheap.
>>
>>15850112
TDI?
>>
>>15850303
he clearly says 2.0. The TDI is 1.9.
>>
File: wewlad.png (8KB, 292x172px) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.png
8KB, 292x172px
>>15850309
>>
>>15850112
Had a 99 golf with the AEG and 5-speed. Put 200k miles on it and the only thing to ever go wrong was the coolant resovior cracking and having to replace the rear shocks around 150k. Sold her to my neighbor who's put another 80k on it with no complaints.
>>
>>15850331
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the headliner started sagging around 100k miles, easily fixed in an afternoon. I changed the fabric to black from tan.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.