[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an old 58 Volkswagen dune buggy. Any idea of what these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I have an old 58 Volkswagen dune buggy. Any idea of what these 2 silver bars next to parking break do? Are they necessary or can I remove them?
>>
Dif locker? Dunno why there'd be two though.
>>
Cutting brakes
>>
>>15846492
They both rise at the same time, they aren't separated so there'd be no reason to have it any more than a normal peaking break. They're bolted to the parking break
>>
>>15846424
They operate your heater
The right one opens the heat exchanger flaps, down is closed, up is fully open
The left one opens the flaps for the foot well vents, down is closed, up is fully opened
Lifting the right lever and leaving the left down with divert air to the dash vents/defroster
Leave a window cracked or enjoy a long nap
>>
>>15846560
It's a dune buggy lol. It literally has no roof. It doesn't have any type of AC or heating.
>>
>>15846583
It has the heating. Or should it was part of the exhaust setup.
>>
>>15846558
If it's literally bolted to the parking break lever, and nothing else, well... that's it.
>>
>>15846597
It's bolted to the parking break. You can't raise one and lower he other.
>>
>>15846603
So could I remove it or what? There seems to be cables attached, I just can't imagine what for, why youd need three parking brakes.
>>
>>15846625
Hit it with some PB Blaster, see if they move seperately after a good soak. It sounds almost like something they put in there to assist with climbing dunes, like maybe locking up one side at a time for one reason or another... which still makes no sense because why would you do that. Have you tried using it while the car is running? Does it work the parking brake normally, do you notice a difference, have you tried climbing under the car to see where the cables go? I mean, without a little more investigation it just seems like a stupid, pointless extra-long parking brake lever.
>>
Its a cutting brake that's either stuck or someone modified for a specific reason, or modified because they had no clue.
>>
>>15846617
Then someone has fucked your car in the past.
>>
>>15846424
Friend of mine has a vw karmann ghia. It has thsee same levers for vents
>>
>>15847439
What do the vents do? Can I remove them if I don't have the vents?
>>
>>15848005
Gr8 b8 m8
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.