[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I buy some high performance summer tires (streetable, not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
If I buy some high performance summer tires (streetable, not purely track tires) but have them on my car on an odd snow-day during the early Fall/late Spring (it happens sometimes) will they fall apart and become useless?
>>
When you crash into something they will
>>
>>15842668
I'm not going to drive those days, I should have mentioned. I don't drive to work. It's just that you're not supposed to store tires in cold temps.
>>
>>15842670
It literally will not matter.
>>
File: 593371987.jpg (60KB, 780x533px) Image search: [Google]
593371987.jpg
60KB, 780x533px
>>15842659
what do people up north with snow tires have? one nice set of wheels with summer/all seasons and a set of steel wheels with snow tires?
>>
File: file-25[1].png (126KB, 450x326px) Image search: [Google]
file-25[1].png
126KB, 450x326px
You'll just slip around more so you'd have to drive really slow and need a smooth early brake.
>>
>>15842670

Storing them is fine. You probably don't want to park on them for an extended period of time though, they might get flat spots with how soft the compound is.

If you're talking like super sticky tires or something, like a tire that needs a few heat cycles to work well, then yeah, they'll get fucked up if they get below freezing. Normal nice street tires should be fine though.
>>
Depends on the snow, temperature and all that, but very small amounts of fluffy snow can be survivable

Slush is hell
>>
>>15842708
Not up North anymore, but that's almost what I do in NC. One set with Blizzaks, other set with PIlot Super Sports. I don't go for steelies though, I just buy a 2nd version (different color if available) of the OEM wheel the car comes with.

Only problem is, after selling a car I have to sell a set of wheels and winter tires typically. I've got a set of 18" BBS STI Limited gunmetal wheels with Blizzaks in my garage collecting dust because 5x114.3 ≠ 5x130.
>>
>>15842708
Depends how many cars you have. Some people run winter tires all year long on their shit box because it's cheaper than switching and owning two sets of tires.

Most people though here have one good set of winter tires and one set of okay four season tires for "not winter".
>>
>>15842729
Plan would basically be: drive on my summers from March to October, and store them at a tire store during the winter, drive on winters.

But sometime snow and below-zero days happen during March/October. I'm not going to drive on those days, but they'll still be exposed to the elements.
>>
>>15842659

No grip and die.

Was no an interstate once with snow and summer tires. *Everything* was passing me...
>>
>>15842717
>>15842751
>>15842830
Read thread pls
>>15842670
>>
>>15842659
Nah you'll probably just have very little traction
>>
I used to have a problem with driving my Nitto 555 G2s one winter, I could barely get to work because of it.
Then I got me a limited slip in the rear, and I haven't had trouble since.
I put my summer tires through winter, and it might not actually be good for the tire, but I still grip.
I only have 350lb-ft of torque though, so I can't really say I'm up there with the big dogs.
>>
>>15842659
I've gone through two missorui winters on Dunlop summer tires on my wrx cause I was lazy and didn't feel like buying steelies and winter tires. They got 23k miles on them and they are just fine. Although I wouldnt trust them on a track day
>>
>>15842659
the tong "put it on my tab at harry's" man
>>
>>15842659
They'll be fine. I drive on bald summer tires all winter in snow and I have a rwd v8. I do this almost every year. Just be careful and you'll be ok. Anyone that says different is just sperging out because they can't drive well.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
two sets of racing tires here, they're usually not supposed to be stored under 10c in general. driving on them under that is another story and I just wouldn't do it.

either buy a cheap set of oem wheels with crappy tires, then just swap them when you want
or put your car on jack stands and put the tires in your basement

I know you said it only snows 2days a year, but that's not like only 2 days it's gonna drop below 10c. for long periods of time at those temps keep them in your house.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.