[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know of a dash cam that does not store footage locally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 34852.jpg (229KB, 960x565px) Image search: [Google]
34852.jpg
229KB, 960x565px
Anyone know of a dash cam that does not store footage locally but transfers directly to a smartphone?
>>
>>15841939
Stop letting your wife drive your car. Problem solved.
>>
>>15841939

what kind of phone do you have? if you have an Android the Google store has a free dashcam app that actually works really good, my gf uses it all the time. uses alot of data though so if you dont have alot/unlimited on your phone youre screwed
>>
>>15841949
Android. I want to have a legit dash cam but i don't want self-incriminating evidence to be easily available to the authorities
>>
I'm just curious to know if there is something like that out there. Most dash cams store the footage on an SD card. I want a dash cam that will connect to my phone via bluetooth or wifi and store the footage there.
>>
>>15841939
>buy small bluetooth/wi-fi cam (12V or 5V) for smartphone
>install DVR software on smartphone
>???
>profit
>>
>>15841949
Don't do this, OP. Using your phone as a dashcam is shit because of the phone's low FOV. And because on sunny day, with the sun straight through your windshield, where your smartphone is, and with your phone recording, it will overheat like hell.

>>15841988
There are dashcams that only store footage if you press the panic/accident/event button. You can just delete the footage of you doing hektik skids if you don't want the police to see it.
>>
There are dashcams that transfer to the cloud.
>>
>>15842541
>There are dashcams that only store footage if you press the panic/accident/event button

That would be fucking useless in a lot of not at fault accidents, someone ran a red light? guess what, it wasn't recording
>>
>>15842618

No shit genius.

It's not how that feature works.
>>
>>15841988
Stop breaking the law.
>>
>>15842618
It is recording, you retard. It just doesn't save the footage. Somebody ran a red light? Press the button to store the footage.
>>
>>15842640
Cause you are always concious and completly fine after a crash hey, tell me how the feature works when you are in shock, trapped in a crumpled car and injured? Oh wait it's a stupid feature which could leave you with no evidence in a serious crash (which are most expensive with medical and compensation bills)
>>
>>15844561

At least read how they work before starting the fucking thread, you lawbreaking shithead.

The answer is that they'll mark the last few minutes they've been recording so they aren't deleted in the event that they detect an accident.

Dont break the law fuckface.
>>
>>15844683
>pushing an "accident button" has now become "they detect an accident"
>>
>>15844707

Different anon, but use your brain. There is an accelerometer in the unit that is used to detect both accidents and being hit in a parked car, if that model supports park monitoring. This triggers the unit to mark and store footage.
>>
>>15844683
Im not OP you fucking mong, it is just a stupid idea as sometimes you need the footage when you aren't involved in the crash and for the fact it's not guaranteed to record the crash
>>
>>15842541
>There are dashcams that only store footage if you press the panic/accident/event button.

That's not now they work. When you push the button, it simply marks that footage file as one that will not be deleted. Your memory card has lots of files on it. As it fills up, the dashcam overwrites the oldest files with new data. Any file that you pushed the button will be marked and won't be overwritten. You will have to remember to manually delete those files yourself.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.