[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

going to look at a 1991 Volvo 940 GLE tomorrow with 123000 km

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: volvo940.jpg (207KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
volvo940.jpg
207KB, 1200x800px
going to look at a 1991 Volvo 940 GLE tomorrow with 123000 km (I'm in Canada). Has new timing belt, brakes, radiator, engine seals and valve cover gasket. What else should I look for? just looking for a reliable a to b car. pic related, its the car
>>
>>15841663
>Canada
disgusting

how much is the car?
>>
>>15841691

3 grand, its pretty mint, but dealerships rape you money wise up here...BC stands for bring cash
>>
>>15841663
pay attention to the struts and bushings. It's about time for replacement (if they are the originals)

also play with every single knob and switch in the car looking for electrical gremlins.
>>
Rust.

Corners of ass end, wheel wells behind rear tires.

Wiring rotting to shit.
Intake hose chafing on strut.
General electrical bullshit.

Cleaning the throttle body and IAC valve is as simple as a can of cleaner and 5 or so hose clamps but probably hasnt been done for the life of the vehicle.

Simple car to work on. As long as tranny or steering rack aren't leaking you can fix pretty much anything in your driveway with simple tools.

I just made a throttle body gasket today out of a beer case and fixed my windshield wiper' issue. (Junkyard relay and switch and clean cotacts in motor).

Old volvos are tanks.
>>
For 3 grand it should be fucking mint... Just sayin. Thats definitely upper end.
>>
>>15841957
>>15841942
>>15841908

thanks guys, good to know...guy said it was owned by a "Swedish Diplomat" but even if its true I'm going to call bullshit, says he has all the paperwork from the volvo dealership where he gets the work done
>>
>>15841765
They're pretty bulletproof cars, and cheap to service for such a big car. However, its not very quick nor is it cheap at the pump. Comfy however.

The biggest nono to look for is oil leaks, which can happen if not serviced correctly (oil leaking into the crankcase ventilation). Also overpressure can cause oil going into the radial seal. Check the AC very carefully.

3 grand is very expensive.
>>
Motor mounts too are a big one. They get squishy and the engine gets shakey.
>>
>>15842007
My first volvo was an 850glt 5speed and still had the little blue diplomatic service sticker on the rear corner window. Found the UN plates with German tags in the trunk tire well later.
Apparently a lot of volvos were used for transport overseas and brought to murrica after service. They could be telling the truth.
>>
I had an 88 240 that had some department of defense stickers on the bumper, but I don't know if that would have been related in any way
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.