[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>actually use a truck for work >would like a new one with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>actually use a truck for work
>would like a new one with warranty and to limit chance of a breakdown
>need 4x4 as I drive onto job sites in the middle of nowhere, sometimes very muddy
>don't need something large, but would like it to be comfortable (leather because mud and water and shit would ruin cloth. Electric locks. Bed liner etc.)
>need some towing power for personal times (car trailer for raze car and boat trailer)
>price out all the trucks from f150, ram, titan, sierra 1500, canyon etc.
>after basic options and 4x4
>they are all over $40k
>many over $50k

The canyon was cheapest (and smallest). With the diesel in 4x4 it is just over $40k. I COULD get the v6 with no options for $35,000. Add on any options (JUST getting leather makes you get the SLT version for $39k) it quickly gets to $40k. The f150 just has a retarded amount of options, but it would basically run $42k for the cheapest on that meets my needs.

This is basically just a rant. Why the FUCK have trucks gotten so expensive. I mean sure, you can get a shitty 2wd, with cloth, no back seat, and no options for $28k. And in 5 years it will be worth $5k. To get a middle of the road truck cost $40k fucking dollars. It's insane. The higher end trucks are over $60k!

Maybe the remodeled Nissan frontier will fill the need. The current one is hot garbage. 3/10 would not buy.
>>
How is is garbage? Powertrain/frame issues?

Frankly Ford should have put the last model Ranger on fleet status so we could still pick those workhorses up.
>>
>>15831231
The engine is shit in the nissan. And the interior is 1994 quality. I have driven a dozen of them and my uncle (who lives like 5 miles away) has one. They suck. I LOVE the Titan (not so much the massive chrome) and was considering getting a pre XD one used. They are pretty bullet proof. I was just wanting something new/or new and immediately returned used.
>>
File: tumblr_n0kzcapj0I1scqkhno1_500.jpg (79KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0kzcapj0I1scqkhno1_500.jpg
79KB, 500x333px
>>15831223
lol faggot. here's what you actually need.
>>
>>15831223
>warranty
You like having your truck in the shop for weeks at a time?
>>
>>15831223
>(leather because mud and water and shit would ruin cloth. Electric locks. Bed liner etc.)

There's your problem right there. Leather is a cash cow. Get seat covers for the cloth or just let the cloth get dirty because you literally said its a fucking work truck.
>>
>>15831253
An old shitty ford with no rear seats and nigger chrome.... Nailed it.
>>
>>15831271
It's a work/personal truck that I would like to maintain as much re-sale value on as I can. And even not getting leather still puts all the trucks right around $40k. The diesel canyon doesn't even come in leather, and the ford/titan/ram I priced I didn't even put leather in it online. Only the canyon v6 without leather and options would be $35k. That's the equivalent to buying a ford ranger for $35k. It's insane.
>>
>>15831272
>old
a truck is a tool. as long as a tool works, who cares about age?

>needing rear seats
a truck is a tool. not meant for hauling your demon seed

>nigger chrome
i just picked it off google. most don't have it
>>
>>15831277
7.3s are done depreciating
>>
Kinda in the same boat as OP minus the towing part. Still need a truck for work but I've basically settled on either the SR5 Tacoma 4x4 or the TRD sport. Comes out to about $33k and I figure I could haggle the dealer down to the low 30's or something
>>
>>15831283
>back seats are only used for kids
I have no kids sperg. I have very expensive and sensitive test equipment that needs to be stored in the truck. I also have guys that ride with me to sites. Need the room.

>it's a tool
It's a tool, commuter, and vehicle. It's not a fucking hammer. A truck can serve more than one purpose.

your arguments are those of a poor teenager. I used my old truck as my DD, work truck, grocery getter, travel vehicle etc. A truck doesn't just have to be to beat the shit out of at work. Also, those shitty fords are garbage. Ask me how I know (pro tip: I have one in the driveway)
>>
>>15831289
I was just about to price out the Tacoma. Thanks for reminding me!
>>
>>15831297
Ok so get a 4-door or extended cab 7.3

There's literally nothing wrong with them except for the occasional transmission. They're way more bulletproof than any modern diesel.
>>
OP keep in mind building a truck on the website does not reflect sales, deals, incentives etc, i often find that newspapers do a better job of offering good prices for equiped trucks.

but the best way is to actually walk into a dealership

though forget about deals on a canyon/colorado, its the full sized trucks that get incentives and the big markdowns on price

hope it helps
>>
It isn't expensive, dollar is just cheap
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.