[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oregon fagg/o/ts, is this true? Are you actually not allowed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (107KB, 477x862px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 477x862px
Oregon fagg/o/ts, is this true? Are you actually not allowed to pump your own gas?
>>
Don't they do it in New Jersey too?
>>
>>15827194

Yes, it is the law in Oregon. I find it very annoying and would much rather just do it myself, but I know some people prefer it.
>>
>>15827209
That said, if the attendant isn't there in the first minute or so I just start the pump anyway.
>>
Yeah it's true. I live in WA though so I just pump my gas in the morning before I go to portland. When I'm in a work vehicle the stoner gas attendees usually don't care if I just do it. I've had some call me an ass hole and tell me to never come back because I took the pump out of my truck and hung it up because I didn't want to sit their for 10 minutes.
>>
>>15827194
Yeah, it's retarded. You have to wait like 5 minutes after you're filled up for the attendant to come back and rack the pump. And they'll scream at you if you touch it, even if it's been ten minutes.
>>
>>15827209
strange. why is that law in place? were they worried people would steal gas from the pump somehow?
>>
>>15827233
Jobs. The law isn't actually a law, it's a requirement by the state fire marshal's office. Ostensibly it's to prevent spills, but I'm guessing there's more spills from people forgetting the pump is still in and driving off than there are from people using the pumps incorrectly in other states.

Seriously, driving off with the pump in is a fairly regular occurrence in Oregon.
>>
>>15827232
I don't think I've ever had to wait that long and I've lived in Oregon my whole life. Then again I fill up before going to Portland.
>>
>>15827207
Yeah they do, must be really awkward if you have a motorcycle.
>>
File: 1459052973963.png (327KB, 522x593px) Image search: [Google]
1459052973963.png
327KB, 522x593px
>>15827722
I would make eye contact the hole time
>>
>>15827255
If you're too retarded to pump your own damn gas you shouldn't even be driving a car in the first place.
>>
>>15827778
>he pumps his own gas
Step away, proletariat scum. Don't get your poor on me.
>>
>>15827255
hey, it's actually kinda neat that it creates more jobs. do you have to tip the pump guy somehow when he's done or do you only pay for your gas and go?
>>
if you are on a motorcycle, then you can, but in a car you are not allowed to.
>>
>>15827194
I not letting some random man put his nozzle between my legs.
>>
>>15828674
you don't _have_ to tip anyone
>>
>>15827207
I can confirm for NJ, this is a thing with certain states. Taking a trip with a friend a long time ago and we thought they were super courteous or something. Literally standing outside waiting the entire time.

>americans cant even pump their own gas without fucking it up so we have to have attendants for grown ups
>>
>Letting some retard spill a corrosive liquid all over your paint without bothering to clean it up
Yeah, nah.

If you don't trust people to put fuel in a car, why are you trusting them to operate a 3ton piece of steel at 35m/s
>>
>>15827194
My grandfather owned an older car and the vapor system on the new gas pumps made it shut off when the tank was a quarter full. As such, if he wanted a full tank, he'd need to go to multiple stations or bring a gas can with him. He said that having someone pump your gas for you is his least favorite thing about Oregon. Every time I go to Oregon to see him, I feel his pain. Fuck gas pump attendants.
>>
>having to get off your car to get gas

lel, I bet you plebs have to check your own fluids and air too :v)
>>
>>15827742
>the hole time
not sure if joke but kek anyway
>>
>>15828695
I don't think anyone really tips the gas staion attendants
>>
>15 years ago
>my mom is driving with me and my little brother to Oregon to visit family
>we stop for gas, and she gets out and grabs the pump
>some failure walks up
>"uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what are you doing"

I literally still remember it because of how pathetic it is. Pumping gas is a job and if you infringe on it, you're literally breaking the law.

lol
>>
>>15829665
My friend does, but it also depends on the station. Some won't accept due to that station's rules; others will.

Most of the people at my local stations are bros, so I don't have an issue with them pumping my gas, especially since one of them owns a Mercedes, so I don't have to explain how to open the lid.

I'm more surprised by how many people in Oregon don't actually know how to pump their own gas.

>drive with friend into Vancouver, WA, in high school years ago
>we're sitting in car
>I turn and say, "You know you have to pump your own gas here, right?"
>he just stares at me
>have to walk him through how to pump his own gas
>>
>>15827303
Try gassing up at Costco in Portland or Eugene at rush hour.
>>
>>15828732
What? Just tell them it's not finished and ask then to keep going. Hell, most of them will top off even if you ask them not to.
>>
>>15829721
I've only tipped a gas attendant a few times driving through New Jersey. Each time it was the middle of winter, the kid was shivering and he actually cleaned the salt off of every window on the until that shit was showroom clean. Gave him $5 and a smoke.
>>
>>15827722
They give you the pump and let you do it if your on a motorcycle. Same if you have a jet ski in tow.
>>
Meh, sometimes you take a minute longer to fill up because you're waiting but you get cheaper fuel because of it.
>>
>>15828674
I tip if they clean my Windows without me asking.
>mfw some dude cleaned all the mud off my my jeeps Windows while I was in the store
>>
>>15830593
This is true. I was shocked that even with this, it was insanely cheaper then in California and still less expensive than washington.
>>
>>15830606
My understanding is that its cheaper to insure a few 'trained' or 'certified' employees than it is to insure against accidents caused by anyone who shows up to pump their own fuel.
>>
>>15828674
>creates more jobs
We could pay people to dig holes and fill them in again too.
>>
Oregon and NJ still have these laws. They also have low gas taxes compared to neighboring states, so despite hiring attendants to fuel, the price of fuel is still generally lower. It could be even lower if self pumping was allowed.

Unfortunately, handicapped/lazy/elderly people love it, and handicapped people lobby like crazy whenever any state rep proposes allowing self pumping, making it toxic for reelection. So nobody pursues it and the law remains in effect, despite modern pumps automatically kicking when the tank is full (making the risk of pumping the gas until it overflows from the tank next to nonexistent).
>>
>>15830598
>letting someone else wash a part of your car
Sure, if you like scratches, swirls, and streaks.
>>
>>15830846
i dont give a shit how low the taxes are because its going to cost me 100 dollars and a weekend to repaint my quarter panel after several months because some minimum wage asshole got fuel all over my paint.
>>
>>15830620
If that was true, gas stations in every state would jump on the bandwagon. This is the same reason I don't believe the "women get paid less for doing the exact same jobs" bullshit. If women were more cost effective than men, businesses everywhere would be hiring women until supply and demand put them at the same level as men.
>>
>>15827303
>I don't think I've ever had to wait that long and I've lived in Oregon my whole life. Then again I fill up before going to Portland.

I waited about 3 minutes until the attendant came over to me to check what I wanted. The waiting is annoying. And it took awhile before the attendant came back to remove the pump nozzle from my car after it had been filled up.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.