[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have experience with the tracking devices that insurance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: big-brother-is-watching-300.png (168KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
big-brother-is-watching-300.png
168KB, 300x300px
Does anyone have experience with the tracking devices that insurance companies offer now? I'm considering it for the baseline 5% off, but the privacy concerns plus the idea of them being mandatory and negatively impacting rates in the future worry me.
>>
This again? There was a thread that lasted 3 fucking days about this, Fuck you OP
>>
>>15824733
No, no, no and no. Fuck those things.
It'll give you a small discount if you drive exactly how they want you to drive, but fuck up once and your rates go through the roof.
>>
They collect driver habits through the telematics systems in OBD-II and they share this info with other insurance companies/3rd parties/federal government

AVOID AT ALL COSTS
>>
I did the snapshot through progressive and went 110mph, still got a 9% discount.
>>
>>15824769
Confirmed Progressive employee.
>>
>>15824769
Have to suddenly slam on the brakes once, though, and say goodbye to that discount.
>>
>>15824769
Do that between midnight and 5am and watch that discount turn into a rate hike
>>
Thats it. im buying pre obd car
preferably one without seatbelts as well
>>
>>15824932
OBD-1 is ok, remember that you can also just get a standalone for an OBD-II
>>
>>15824938
I want no seatbelts as well.
fucking pro-pussies law
>>
>>15824944
Stuntman Mike pls
>>
>>15824932
>>15824944
>I want to slide around in my seat
>>
>>15825035
>not forcing girls to touch you on the toegay
>>
>>15824920
>>15824798
>>15824792
Either samefag or just some asshurt person. 9% on $400/month isn't that awesome. Dropped progressive and got USAA. You people are fucking faggots.
>>
>>15825080
>being this much of a pathetic scumbag
Jesus dude
>>
>>15825093
Lern2sarcasm
>>
>>15825091
You are clearly retarded, none of them said snapshot was a good idea
>>
>>15825091
Are you by any chance retarded?
>>
>>15825104
>>15825112
Snapshot worked for me. Sorry I'm not some skeptic who is too conspiracy minded to save some money. Don't forget your aluminum hat.
>>
>>15825130
>x worked for me!
probably because you're advertising.
People literally have firsthand experience of "Progressive" hiking rates for slamming brakes etc.
>>
>>15825144
As a person who street raced, what are you talking about? People in accidents, ywah that's a hike.
>>
>>15825150
>As a person who street raced
Okay Vin
>>
>>15825157
It wasn't anything like that, but fuck yea ill take a $20 bet that I can make it around the block before someone's "cammed f150"
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.