[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey im new to /o/ so forgive my ignorance in the way things are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: F06_Feb_2012_Techlink.jpg (176KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
F06_Feb_2012_Techlink.jpg
176KB, 500x371px
Hey im new to /o/ so forgive my ignorance in the way things are done here.
I come to you with a question, you all seem to know your shit, or at least more than me.
So I drive a 2013 Chevy Malibu Eco (bought it from stepdad last year at a ridiculous low price of 4 grand and it was running perfect only 60k miles). I've taken good care of the car, high grade synthetic oil, regular check ups, good gas and everything. Generally its actually a really great car, I get awesome mileage, very comfortable cabin with pretty neat features, car responds well and can actually pick up and go pretty fast pretty quickly if you need it (Despite CVT).
However at 65k I started hearing a weird clicking/tapping noise when accelerating. It got worse and the engine light came on so I took it into the dealer and the had to replace the cam shaft. Now the car is at 75k and its beginning to make that fucking noise again, I am positive it is the exact same noise as last time so I assume a cam lobe is getting worn again. My question is why the fuck is this happening? Like the shit just got replaced. Am I retarded or something? Sometimes I accelerate fast (drive on i45 a lot) and with that shit CVT it'll run at high rpms (like seriously 6000-7500) for a good 3-4 seconds. Could that be the problem?
>>
Take it back to the dealership and complain. They clearly didn't fix it right the first time.
>>
>>15820242
>2013 malibu
>cvt
Pick one
>>
>>15820242
It's most likely seized or worn hydraulic lifters.
>>
>>15820242
If that thing has the ecotec engine then yes that could be related to the problem. Quit going past 6k so regularly.
>>
>>15820487
Just looked it up, you're right. I had misread "feels a bit like a CVT" as it indeed having one
>>
>>15820511
Why do you say that?
>>
>>15821475
Im not lying when I say I have no choice but to do so. Even at regular acceleration speeds the RPMs go up and up and up. Unless I "manually" shift with the gear selector. Should I just do it the second way from now on?
>>
>>15821791
Fuck cvts suck. My condolences.
>>
>>15820417
Looks like im going to have to. It poses a huge problem for me though because I live alone in my apartment and work two jobs. Money is tight. If I leave my car at the dealership they wont give me a loaner car because im only 19. I dont think I can afford to uber or something else, and most of my friends are all at college cause they can afford it. Do you think the combined power of my dumbass sob story and their potential fuck will be enough for them to bend the rules on the loaner car?
>>
>>15821803
Even though I apparently dont have a CVT >>15820487

They some how managed to install a slightly less shitty however still garbage transmission.
Been doing some research and apparently in the ecotec version of the car the transmission is terrible, and prone to failures.
>>
>>15821827
I can't believe they screwed up the trans that bad. The engine is usually reliable. I have an 03 cavalier with the 2.2 eco and it's still going at 165k.
>>
>>15821892
In all seriousness I believe one of two things, or both is happening: Im unlucky and my car is irregularly unreliable, or I'm a fucking retard who keeps breaking his car...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.