[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of the Honda CR-Z? I found a 2011 Manual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 2016-Honda-CR-Z-front.jpg (31KB, 640x390px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Honda-CR-Z-front.jpg
31KB, 640x390px
What does /o/ think of the Honda CR-Z?

I found a 2011 Manual trans with 30k miles (+ certified pre owned) for $9k; looks really cool, but it's not something I was at all familiar with before seeing it yesterday.
>>
Manual on these are pretty slick. Great shifter, great clutch feel, surprisingly great steering rack.

Terribly underpowered. Honda Fit motor with a tiny electric motor for a total of 110 whp.
Handles like a small minivan.

Gets okay mileage compared to other hybrids in its segment. I averaged 38mpg mixed city and highway driving.

Better off looking at something else.
>>
>>15819345

It seems to be a compromise between sports feel and economy, do you think that in those terms is succeeds? I'm just commuting and occasionally having some fun; the Econ/Normal/Sport selector looks intriguing.
>>
File: 14571542671_63747eb0c5_o.jpg (2MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
14571542671_63747eb0c5_o.jpg
2MB, 2000x1333px
>>15819288
>>15819345

imagine a K24 swapped CR-Z
>>
>>15819288
gutless
looks fast but it's slow as fuck

just buy a civic for 3k
>>
File: IMG_20160914_110252.jpg (3MB, 3024x4030px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160914_110252.jpg
3MB, 3024x4030px
>>15819364
No, you won't have fun with the normal/sport mode. Driving up some mountain roads, the electric motor will run out of juice after a few spirited pulls and run hot. It'll stop providing power to the engine and instead sap power from the engine to regenerate the battery.

Great steering though, only if hampered with shit suspension set up.
>>
>>15819459
>>15819382
>>15819345

Thanks all! Looks like I'll just wait for the next Civic / Civic SI manual to come around!
>>
>>15819459
This. I wish Honda would start going with a primarily electric, gas assist approach instead.
>>
I owned one. Great car. Weak as hell in the power department, fun in the corners. I usually got 50 mpg on the highway.

Never had to worry about "electric motor overheating due to lack of juice". I never really ran out of battery when I was having fun. The manual explains that the engine will simply charge the batteries in that case, and won't offer additional power. It's not like honda engineers are idiots.

I'd recommend one if you didn't worry about cargo room, wanted a car that was great for commuting, and a bit of fun on backroads.

You can get close to 160hp crank, if you do the right things, which was enough for me. You basically swap the cam and arms to get the "sporty" vtec from the fit, instead of the "eco" vtec in the crz. Swap the intake manifold from a fit as well, do some gasket matching while you're in there. Get an intake, exhaust, and tune, then you're done. Pretty close to 160 without hurting your daily drivability or your wallet. Might sacrifice a bit of mpg, but still doing good.

Springs, shocks, sway bar, wheels, and you're done. You have a fun, sporty hybrid with good power.
>>
>>15819288
Please be in Tennessee/Kentucky/Virginia/Illinois
I need one
I need that one.

And from havign test driven a few,
>Fun as fuck to drive
>Slight Bodyroll
>Faster than it looks on paper
>Blueballing as fuck at high RPM, is this shit supposed to be VTEC?

It fits a niche that few people other than me fit in, give it to me, been trying to find a good one.
>>
File: honda-crz-k20.jpg (133KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
honda-crz-k20.jpg
133KB, 940x627px
>>15819288
>>15819372
buy it and k swap it OP
>>
>>15820082
Hello, as someone who might be interested.
Assuming I already had a CRZ, about how much would that cost me?
>>
>>15819595
No. Those are pigfat and hideous.
>>
>>15820270
I know there were shops charging around 17k when people first started k-swapping crz's but I think it has come down since then. it will obviously be much cheaper if you did it yourself. the motor/trans will probably be close to 3k for clean ones, not sure about the rest of the parts.
>>
>>15819684
How much did that cost you total?

Are Fit parts cheap from the get go?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.