[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's chat. And I mean, let's chat for real, without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Let's chat.
And I mean, let's chat for real, without the recycled /tv/ and /sp/ memes clogging up the discussion.

Longer story short, I drove a cr-z for the first time the other day. I liked the experience, but that might be because my regular car is an insight and I have no self-respect.

My friend that was riding along with me liked it for the most part, but afterwards said he couldn't handle it - he said it was blueballing him and it pissed him off, as it wouldn't give him any extra power around 5k RPM which ruined it, as he drives a '99 prelude.

We basically decided that it was the engine that was holding it down, and everything else was fucking great.
BUT THAT'S ITS FUCKING THING.
IT'S A HYBRID.
So the question is, do hybrids even have a point? Was it even worth it in the end? They're like netbooks, the shitty missing link between laptops and tablets, that really have nothing that you want. Compromise that excels at nothing.

Was there ever a way to get this car right? Was there ever a chance? To get good mpg while maintaining performance?

Were hybrids a mistake?
>>
Oh, yeah, TL,DR:
Was there ever a way for hybrids not to suck?
>>
>>15806011 (OP) #
>Were hybrids a mistake?
Obviously?
Currently waiting for Tesla to save us all with GLORIOUS SYNTHETIC AUTOMOBILES.
>>
>>15806011

Partner had a CR-Z which I drove a lot - it's a car for a very specific niche which Honda handled incredibly badly - it's handsome and handles very well, with a chassis that could handle a much more powerful engine - they needed to have a version with a proper 2L VTEC engine in there and ditch the batteries and motors. The fuel eco never ever justified the weedy 1.5L + strap-on junk. Struggled to hit 50mpg - something the larger 200bhp diesel Volvo I have manages with ease (more like 60-70mpg) and with far better performance.

Honda have lost their way with an endless procession of sub-par cars that seem to have no clear reason to exist, the CR-Z being just one...
>>
>>15808059
>partner
I read that whole post with a gay man's voice
>>
>>15808276
What does gay man voice sound like anyway?
>>
>>15808276

Yeah, it's fine if you wanna read that aloud cupcake. I imagine you had to follow all the long words with your finger, too.
>>
>>15806011
Hold on a fucking second?

Honda made a car that looks that good and is potentially a modern CRX?

That car exists?

And they made it a fucking hybrid?

Wtf I hate Honda now.
>>
>>15809239

zackly...

Completely lost their way.

>#cucklife
>>
>>15806059
Yeah, it's called being a hippie and caring more about emissions than net savings due to mileage. But a dumb hippie that's oblivious to the carbon footprint and smog and destruction of manufacturing and shipping a new car and all that shit down the supply chain, especially a car that still depletes oil reserves and burns fossil fuels, albeit at a slightly slower rate (but not slower than some pure IC shitboxes, which have the caveat of greater emissions, which are of debatable significance compared to some other emissions sources anyways).

tldr: hybrids are great if you're an american liberal trying to feel good about your rich self while ordering fair trade garbanzo beans that had to be shipped overseas via an extremely polluting seafaring vessel or jet-powered aricraft
>>
>>15806011

Hybrids are currently a big mistake - too much extra weight for too little extra range/boost - the CR-Z is a particulalrly bad example of this, being a smaller car. It wasn't helped by a REALLY shit choice of engine - the 1.5 SOHC unit is gutless and VTEC in name only. Should have been one of their proper DOHC 1.6s at the very least. It's the ongoing Honda story - missed oppertunity after missed opportunity, they used to lead, now they can't even follow competently.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.