[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /o/, this thread is just a quick reminder that Group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: s1_topcars-bg[1].jpg (727KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
s1_topcars-bg[1].jpg
727KB, 1024x768px
Hi /o/, this thread is just a quick reminder that Group B is never coming back.
>>
File: ISC_Jack_Pawn_Shop.png (913KB, 663x857px) Image search: [Google]
ISC_Jack_Pawn_Shop.png
913KB, 663x857px
Daily reminder that GM has LITERALLY NEVER won a group C race

Rotflmao
>>
File: the fall.jpg (168KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
the fall.jpg
168KB, 1600x1067px
>>15806009
it might come back after the fall
>>
File: moses.jpg (405KB, 1274x915px) Image search: [Google]
moses.jpg
405KB, 1274x915px
>>15806009

How did Group B not kill more people?

I can't find it, but there's footage from inside the Audi as it crests the hill and the driver is basically driving flat out at a sea of people, it's insane.
>>
>>15806030
Yeah it was fucking awesome.

Also TWINCHARGED Delta S4 oh my fuckkkkk
>>
>>15806030
A lot of Goup B montages have crows footage in them we need gifs in this thread asap!
>>
Anyone that doesn't understand this thread please do the following google searches:

Audi Quattro
Michelle Mouton

You're welcome.
>>
Reminder that OP cannot stop sucking cocks.
>>
Group B with the old rules would be a complete shitfest with today's technology. What FIA should actually do is introduce Group S and increase the homologation limit to a few hundred, the current World Rally Cars are so far removed from production cars that you might as well go full purpose built anyway. At least that way you would actually see proper rally cars on the road instead of the gay "WRC edition" equipment package shit everyone's currently doing.

>>15806030
Luck, experience and mad skills with both the spectators and the drivers.
>>
>>15806080
Assmad gm fangirl spotted
>>
>>15806009

Is there a torrent for Group B rallyes? Never seen them in full just short clips and montages on Youtube.
>>
>>15806030
I don't know who has bigger balls here, the driver or the spectators.
>>
>>15806009
Good.

Boomers sharing Kankkunen's meme quote, and saying how the good ol' days will never back are quite annoying.
>>
>>15806030
those aren't people, just bushes.
>>
Group A/early WRC was better
>>
>>15806068
>4 rally wins in 13 years. Not championships, rally wins.
>Literally won them just because she had the only car in the champioship with 4wd.
>>
wew

most overrated racing class ever

>>15807237
this guy gets it
>>
File: mc2.jpg (83KB, 803x450px) Image search: [Google]
mc2.jpg
83KB, 803x450px
>>15806009

Hillclimb and Rally X cars are pretty much the modern equivalent. Even a modern WRC car with sub 300hp is still faster than a group B car.
>>
>>15806016
Thanks fur getting all the lte IPs banned faggot
>>
>>15806030
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYIH7ApCxoM

Something similar,skip to 3.14
>>
>>15806009

But it is.

2017 WRC
>380hp
>Return of active center differentials (AWD intead of 4WD)
>Wider bodies
>More Aero

Everything that made Group B awesome (minus the noise) with suspension, differential, and tire technology that allows them to actually carry speed through corners.
>>
>>15808669
Don't forget
>2017 specs are outright limited to manufacturer teams
>but privateers are allowed to run 2011 spec cars, which are still incredibly expensive and now extremely uncompetitive, effectively banning privateers from WRC because who wants to pay six figures for a car that's guaranteed to lose to everyone?
>homologation is still a bad joke and has no practical effect whatsoever apart from influencing the basic shape of the car
The modern World Rally Cars are pretty much the worst imaginable state high-level rallying could be in. They're incredibly expensive and exist in this weird limbo where they're way too far removed from production cars to retain Group A's or even early WRC's appeal, but they're too afraid to fully embrace the racing purpose and become ridiculous noisy superstar spaceships like Group B. The looks range from ok to meh, the noise is boring and you can't buy the actual car they're based on either, so they don't even get the excuse of "oh this needs to be street legal".

And there's more. Compared to a lot of other motorsport disciplines, rallying has historically been very available and local rallying continues to be popular and relatively cheap. And while WRC has been straying away from its grassroots heritage for years due to increasingly expensive machinery, it was still available for wealthier privateers. But with this rule change, FIA is just outright pissing on privateers and the heritage of rallying to please some faggot suits working for some car companies. It's just faggotry all around and FIA needs to die in a fire.
>>
>>15806009
Wasn't Group B pushing like 600hp+?
>>
>>15807217
>le boomers meme

Nigger Group B was fucking awesome.
>>
>>15807244
>most overrated racing class ever
What isn't to love about an automobile arms race?

>>15807237
It was a little more standardized and gave us more souped-up shitboxes via homologation. From a competitive standpoint it was better but we'll never see something like a mid-engined turbo H6 Subie in it.
>>
File: sebring1.jpg (290KB, 1432x1052px) Image search: [Google]
sebring1.jpg
290KB, 1432x1052px
>>15806016

No, but they won in IMSA with Pic Related.
>>
>>15809078

That's pretty bullshit, yeah. Especially when you had privateers running head-to-head with the factories sometimes during the Group B era (Mostly the pavement rallies).
>>
>>15809116
Yeah, rumor has it they were running stage tunes of 600+ hp in the later months and Lancia managed to squeeze the magic thousand out of the Delta S4's engine during testing.
>>
File: 1346640476578.jpg (216KB, 1488x936px) Image search: [Google]
1346640476578.jpg
216KB, 1488x936px
>>15809299

Lancia were running NOS through the rollcage though. That's how Henri Toivonnen's car burnt to the ground and he passed away.
>>
>>15809078

They're doing it because their insurance says they have to. Unlike factory teams that pay god-tier drivers to compete for them, privateers could literally be any joe-shmo millionaire who wants to get their thrills flying through the woods. As an insurance company, the last thing I'm gonna want with new, unproven, batshit insane cars is to allow anyone with enough money to blast down a road lined with people's houses.

Also

>"The new WRC cars are gonna suck because they aren't anything like the road cars!!"

And Group B cars were even further from road cars. All of the modern WRC cars at least start life as a small hatchback that anyone can buy, and still retain pieces such as the indicator stalk and engine components. With Group B, there were less than 200 examples for each car that were ever obtainable, and they were priced to shit right out of the gate.
>>
>>15809351
>Group B cars, based on limitied production road cars, were farther removed from road cars than all but literal silhouette cars

I prefer the Group A homologation cars myself but what you have just said is outright false.
>>
>>15809318
Lol that's literally some crazy shit.
>>
>>15809366

That's not my point.

People always whine about how little WRC cars have in common with their base vehicle, yet praise Group B as if they were any more attainable by average person.

The Polo's and Fiestas flying through the stages today were sitting somewhere on the same assembly line as some unsuspecting owners of the street cars somewhere in the world. Parts including the hood, trunk, and doors are still the exact same parts that those street cars have. Even the engine--though highly modified to survive the abuse--is the same engine found in the street cars.

Owning a homologated Group B car was pretty much impossible from the start, and the closest thing you could ever get to owning one was a 205 GTi or MG Metro that basically only shared a common starting point.

I'm adamant that Group A was the absolute golden era of rallying as well, but I'm also not deluded enough to think the modern WRC cars have less connection to their fans than the always out of reach Group B's.
>>
>>15809417
They share the unibody and that's about it. Group B was the golden era of rallying to spectate, Group A was the golden era for the cars. Personally I'd like to see classes of both return.
>>
>>15809288

>GM actually starts winning international-standard events
>series barely lasts a decade
>>
>>15809644

The real thing that stopped the Corvette GTP program was they ran the same basic chassis with upgrades for 4 years and by the end, GM were getting better marketing mileage with their GTO Class Corvettes & Camaros and the GTU Pontiac Fieros, Chevy Barettas & Oldsmobile Silhouettes and couldn't justify the expense of building a new car to battle Jaguar, Nissan & Toyota.

Though, they did later supply engines to the Pratt & Miller Intrepid GTP program...
>>
>>15809318
>the main device meant to save your life in a the event of a rollover crash catches on fire and kills you
metal
>>
>>15809644
>What is ALMS
>>
File: Reaper_Schnee.jpg (237KB, 941x1317px) Image search: [Google]
Reaper_Schnee.jpg
237KB, 941x1317px
>>15807619
Don't you have dogs to fuck?
>>
>>15810348
didnt help that they put the gas tank under the passenger seat.

>yfw the Chairman of Fiat drives a Delta S4 Stradale
>>
>>15810920

That's an Integrale 16v.
>>
>>15807241
Yeah, especially cancerous considering the most successfull group B driver, Timo "Löysä" Salonen, was an overweight, near-sighted, chain-smoking fat bloke with a habit to drive one handed. To me that's about a 1000 times cooler than literally just being a girl
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.