[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watch movie >character breaks into a car >opens sun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (655KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
655KB, 1024x768px
>watch movie
>character breaks into a car
>opens sun visor
>the keys fall out

do Americans actually do this?
>>
there are some really small towns in the middle of buttfuck nowhere where everyone knows each other and the town has a pop of like <500 people that do it. In the town where one of my aunts live they literally leave the keys in the ignition half the time and all of their shit unlocked cause everyone just stops in to say hello throughout the day, so they just leave everything open for them.
>>
>>15805760
My grandparents do this. <100 people in their town.
>>
It's pretty common for people to leave their spare/valet keys in the glove compartment becausw often the dealership will tuck them in there
>>
>>15805760
I want to live in this comfy place
>>
>>15805765
People in my town do this as well.

>a couple of weeks ago 7 cars were stolen in one night

Why am I not surprised...
>>
If you live in safe suburbia far from everyone, then yeah, you can leave the keys in the car. I don't know anyone who does this except my dad, and only because it's not obvious when the keys are in the door (and you can lock the door on Ford cars with the PIN pad on the driver door, so someone would have to smash a window and set off the alarm in order to get the key inside).
>>
>>15805760
>there are some really small towns in the middle of buttfuck nowhere
Then it's funnier because in movies they pull that shit in NY, SF or LA...
>>
>>15805753
My brother has done it for 10+ years, I dont.

>puts keys under the drivers side mat
>locks car
>uses keypad to get back in
>>
in the city you lock everything always

In rural areas you can peave the car running and the door open for an hour and no one cares
>>
>>15805760
My dad does this, but he lives on a farm out in the middle of the Scottish highlands

He's got about 10 Land Rovers/L200s all of which have the keys in the glovebox. He lets anyone that needs a car just borrow one whenever, since the nearest town is like 6 miles
>>
>>15805753
Most of them don't
>>
I always leave my doors unlocked and keys in the center console it just makes it easier and you are less likely to lose your keys and you don't need to walk around with keys in your pocket. I live in a suburb in canada.
>>
if I ever seen it it's usually at used car lots to keep the keys nearby for a test drive instead of keeping the keys on a wall of hooks
>>
>>15805753

When I'm visiting my parents that retired to countryside I just leave keys in ignition.
>>
My grandparents do all the time. I drove one of their trucks for a while and had to free the lock up because it was never used. I use to when at home but my car beeps at me now so I usually don't but it's still unlocked
>>
>>15805753
ducttaped to top of suspension bars
>>
File: Glass Table.jpg (163KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Glass Table.jpg
163KB, 800x600px
>>15805753
>do Americans actually do this?
Even in major suburb cities, people leave spare keys with their cars. A friend of mine works at a shop. He's mentioned that some cars have a duct taped spare key on the underside of the car. Naturally, it's very visible to him since he has the car on a lift.

Three prolific car prowlers and automobile thieves would reportedly go into driveways without visible cameras or open windows. The group would first break into the cars, then steal vehicles in which they found hidden spare keys, according to the Bellevue Police Department.

http://www.bellevuereporter.com/news/390959021.html

Amando Murphy (24), Alexandra Geiger (23) and Daniel Mark Gormley-Bell were charged in King County Superior Court on Aug. 22 with possession of a stolen vehicle. Murphy was also charged with identity theft in the second degree and attempting to elude police, while Geiger, 23, was additionally charged with identity theft in the first degree. Police said that additional charges are likely.

One suspect told investigators that he would prowl vehicles by checking every car door handle in every neighborhood he went into. Another said that he specifically avoided neighborhoods where there appeared to be a neighborhood watch, more alert citizens, or heavier police presence.

"These individuals provided valuable insight into criminal tactics and techniques that they have been using to victimize area residents," Bellevue Police Chief Steve Mylett said of the information given by the alleged criminals.

Don't leave spare keys with the car because prowlers look for them. Then they drive your car off to be stripped of saleable parts.
>>
>>15807255
Remote locking takes a second to activate. I have no idea why someone wouldn't lock their car.

Not that locking it stops much. I once saw a guy stick a clothes hangar down the outside of a door, break the window with it, reach in, grab the sat-nav, and run off in under 20 seconds for the whole thing.
>>
>>15807255
Hey, that's my county!

>>15808139
So he began to Jimmy the car, gave up, broke the window, and disconnected a satnav within 20seconds? Sounds like utter bullshit
>>
Usually if it's in the city the car was stolen, so the thief doesn't keep keys on them
>>
>>15805760
>there are some really white towns
>>
File: 349634967.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
349634967.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>15805753
>do Americans actually do this?

People that live in small towns and drive manuals do.
>>
if you live in a small town yes
if you live in suburbs with any sort of minority god no
>>
>>15805753
It's called a trope you braindead chimp
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.