[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have 2001 Toyota Camry >headlight is out >never changed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (22KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 251x242px
>have 2001 Toyota Camry
>headlight is out
>never changed one before but YouTube it and it's fairly simple
>new headlight doesn't light up
>jiggle it and it works fine
>turn lights off and on again to make sure
>put headlight back together
>it doesn't work
I don't know shit about vehicles. Am I going to look retarded going to Ford to have them figure it out for me?
>>
>>15805529
You have a bad contact somewhere. Just check the contacts of the bulbs/sockets for suspicious spots and if that doesn't yield any results, follow the wires inside the headlamp. This is simple anon, you can do it. Post pics if necessary.
>>
>>15805534
You have motivated me anon. I will try it now!
>>
>>15805543
Try smelling for burned wires too.
>>
>>15805534
So when I screwed around with the wire encased in the rubber tubing it came back on. This is without removing the headlight assembly even. Not sure what to do from here...
>>
>>15805583
It's probably a bad contact on that specific wire. Could be on either side where it is attached, or even inside it. Changing it would probably be the fastest way, but you could try lurking around it and find out more.
>>
When I turn the bulb and the thing your screw in to the right it stays lit but when I let go it turns off a again. Like a 1 tiny little bit or a turn keeps it on but when I let it rest the bulb is off again
>>
>>15805607
Had a big fat response typed up about redoing wiring and stuff but it sounds like your socket is fucky. Have a close look at it and check whether anything is bent.
>>
File: image.jpg (641KB, 4032x1188px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
641KB, 4032x1188px
>>15805615
Definitely appreciate the thought and all!

Well I fucked with the socket and it's now working. I jiggled a bit and we're good still. The cord was facing completely downward and is now at an angle, like the passenger's side one is. I just hope it's that simple ha.

Thanks anon I did not wanna get jewed hard at some shop and glad you convinced me to give it one last shot.
>>
>>15805634
Great, just make sure that it's really stable. It sounded like the contacts "feeding" the bulb were bent/burnt. Give everything one last vigorous jiggle to be sure it's fixed for good.
>>
>buying a car without ecoboost
>>
Get a can of contact cleaner. Take the bulb out of the socket and spray that in there. And stop being a dumb frogposter.
>>
File: 1473691121232.png (2MB, 1065x902px) Image search: [Google]
1473691121232.png
2MB, 1065x902px
>>15805671
>>
>>15805529
fucking basic af electricity mate
check your wires, all you need to do is follow the power, make sure you are completing the circuit
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.