[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a stancefag please explain to me why they think stretched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

Can a stancefag please explain to me why they think stretched tires/exposed lip/debilitating camber looks good? This isn't some rhetorical question, I'm not trying to imply it looks "objectively bad", I'm just so confused. I get low ride height, I get RICE in general, I get exposed rivets, wide bodies, all this shit.

But I just don't get stretched tires, tires that are so stretched that the lip of the wheel is poking out. Also huge camber.
>>
File: 1457715758466.jpg (409KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
1457715758466.jpg
409KB, 1280x855px
Also, I "get" camber, especially front camber. Rice in general imitates race cars, because race cars have a cool image. Why are wide bodies, lips and wings cool? Because race cars have them. They make the car look faster, like a feat of engineering, and projects of an image of fast skillful driving onto the owner. Look at this BNR32, it has huge front camber. Probably not ideal, but not so excessive the engineers running the team didn't think it would be worth trying.

So if you did this to a sports car, I would think it's kinda cool. But why the fuck do rice/stancefags go so over the top, and in the rear too? Most riced/stanced out cars that get tons of love from their community have widebodies and aero that would not really look out of place on a race car. Sure they might not do the wind tunnel, and computer simulations that a real race team to do to tweak the aero so it is really efficient, but the look is there.

stance/ricefags pretty never go way over the top with their other design choices, so why do they do it for camber?
>>
File: 159.jpg (935KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
159.jpg
935KB, 1500x1000px
Retards like to get the full experience of being retards. The more shit they can get away with, the better.
>>
To get the car as low as possible with the wheel flush and centered in the wheel well.
Stretch stops the tire rubbing on the bodywork.
>>
>>15805176
>>15805192
>>15805217
It's like people who are into "BBW". A little THICC can be attractrive, a chubby girl is your fucking slave and usually will have nice tits, but its like people who are into collecting STDs, scat, etc
>>
File: 1454833599136.jpg (34KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1454833599136.jpg
34KB, 500x300px
>>15805225
that's actually interesting. I understand rice as an imitation of race cars. In the ricer/stancer's quest to take this to their logical extreme they "forget" what they were doing in the first place, and do it for the sake of doing it. To do that they invent new methods of fitment, which ultimately destroys the image of imitated race car, and these new methods supersede the original intent of rice/stance. So what we thought was cool because of a race car becomes cool for the sake of cool and becomes the exact opposite of a race car.

It's kind of an oxymoron if you think about it. Makes it kind of interesting, though I doubt most stancefags get that.
>>
File: 1454996736731.jpg (62KB, 309x305px) Image search: [Google]
1454996736731.jpg
62KB, 309x305px
>>15805242
Interesting indeed. There is always that point of perfect aesthetic balance between stance and race car. Although looks are subjective, but when things gone too far, things often go wrong. So when you get your first car remember not to stance too far, okay?

:^)
>>
AFAIK here i europe the stretched tires comes from a German law. This law supposedly regulates that a cars tyre must not stick out further than the wheel arc.
Take note, this law only covers tires, not rims.
So now you can have really wide rims but still be legal as long as the tires stay inside the wheel arch.
>>
>>15805462

Same in the UK, the annual MOT only states tyre treas needs to be under the arch.

OP - taste is subjective. I think poked wheels, onicamber and 'hellaflush' looks retarded. I also think skinny jeans look retarded but the fashion world disagrees with me.
>>
>>15805176
This guy got it right >>15805192 , they wanna play pretend racecar. The only thing that they don't realize is excessive camber fucking sucks on normal roads. Stretched tires are just retarded.
>>
What usually happens is some min wage faggot from this board finally actually gets a uaed car and instead of anything interesting buy a Civic and hope people still want to talk to them aboit cars. After a few laps around the mcdonalds they realize they'll never be legit drivers and dive in head first towards the most peacock faggot fads they can find because they crave attention.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.