[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a dash cam. Don't have a lot of money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 47436092.cached.jpg (33KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
47436092.cached.jpg
33KB, 800x500px
I'm looking for a dash cam.

Don't have a lot of money to spend. Am looking for something that requires as little maintenance as possible. Preferably something that turns on and off by itself if possible. And records the last let's say six hours, deleting older footage automatically. I live in Florida and between the old people, gang members and first-time bikers, driving will be the death of me.

Please help. I trust /o/ more than random google results.
>>
>>15801441
Search Amazon, eBay, or Gearbest for A119. That's the latest and greatest you're going to get for a good price.

The previous model, the A118 was the all-time highest selling on Amazon, so I don't see why the newer revision wouldn't be as well.
>>
File: 01w-dashcam-zero-edge-z3.jpg (73KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
01w-dashcam-zero-edge-z3.jpg
73KB, 630x420px
Forgot to mention I work the night shift so something that can see well in low-light.

pic related maybe? Anything cheaper?
>>
File: Reason_for_Dashcam_plus_audio.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Reason_for_Dashcam_plus_audio.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>15801441
>I'm looking for a dash cam.

Check out previous archived /o/ threads on dash cams. There have been quite a few. Two thread examples are:

http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15428027/lets-talk-dash-cams

http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15523000/dash-cams

Picture of lady that backed up on a busy road in order to get to a parking spot she just passed up. She reversed into a car that was stopped on the roadway behind her. She and her husband were going to make the guy in back guilty of hitting her by LYING. There's no audio here, but she was accusing the driver (with the dash cam) of rear ending her. She was lying and using RIGHTEOUS FURY to make her point. So people, even wealthy ones, bold face lie about car accidents and make it the victim's fault. However, he had it recorded on a dash cam and thus wasn't charged with rear ending her.

It's a good thing the husband didn't rush over to yank his dash cam and remove the evidence. That data was worth money. You have to protect your dash cam footage too. There are cases where people get confronted about handing over their data or else.
>>
>>15801570
>>15801466
Thanks guys.

Do you think heat will be an issue? Shit cooks down here.
>>
>>15801570
Dash cam saved him from a false conviction. It paid for itself right there. I like how the accuser is waving her finger at the guy as if he is the guilty one.
>>
>>15801675
Get a capacitor version of the one the first guy mentioned. My A118C handles sitting in the southern sun with zero issues.

Also pick you up one of those add a fuse adapters and hook up a cig lighter plug to it under the dash. Easiest way to set it up without having a wire in the way. I plugged a two USB phone charger into it to keep it powered. Good thing is that the second USB port will power an additional accessory or maybe even a second cam for the rear of the car.
>>
>>15801821
Link related?

http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_142025.html?wid=21

Can I easily take it off and place it on the floor or some such to hide it from the sun or no need?
>>
File: 41aV1J8AadL.jpg (25KB, 441x500px)
41aV1J8AadL.jpg
25KB, 441x500px
G1W-CB
Cheap chink cam that is surprisingly good.
>>
>>15801968
I saw that too. I'm torn between this and the A118C. Both are Chinese so it probably doesn't matter, their differences aren't that big from what I gather.
>>
File: 20160608_185224.jpg (107KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
20160608_185224.jpg
107KB, 1680x945px
>>15801940
Yep but counterfeits do exist. I think that one is legit, though. The bracket it slides into is attached to the window with 3M tape and the cam itself slides off of it easily.

I don't even bother. It sits in the sun all day every day and it hasn't skipped a beat. The battery version would have but that's no problem for capacitor models. It's also very small so you'll almost forget it's there.

>pic related is mine
>>
>>15801441
it's good if it's only to get help insurance claims.
but fuck you with horse cock if you're going to play "road marshall" and report every "inappropriate" behavior of other drivers.
Live and let live
>>
>>15801986
I have the same model. Neatly tucked away behind the mirror and only visible to anyone actually looking for a cam.
>>
https://dashcamtalk.com/g1w/
https://dashcamtalk.com/b40-a118/
>>
>>15802008
The quality is really good too. I was surprised. Would buy again.
>>
>>15801986
OP here. Just ordered this. Thanks for the help everyone. I look forward to their being at least footage of my inevitable death.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.