[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys I need some advice and discussions. I'm looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Alright guys I need some advice and discussions. I'm looking to try and squeeze a little more power out of a non ho 5.0 302 from a 89 grand marquise. It's going into this ranger and for added issues I'm trying to keep the emissions stuff.

Point of this is I'm looking to find the cheapest way to squeeze that power and so far I've decided swapping intakes over to the truck or maybe the gt40 intake. Do you guys have any opinions about those or maybe better ideas.
>>
I guess I should also add that headers won't fit due to the confined space. So I've got explorer exhaust manifolds.
>>
File: sandpaper-buying-guide-hero[1].jpg (56KB, 700x398px) Image search: [Google]
sandpaper-buying-guide-hero[1].jpg
56KB, 700x398px
>>
>>15758314
Tarbo, cam and different compression pistons
>>
Rangerstation and Ford Truck Enthusiasts forums have all the info OP seeks.
>>
>>15759005
Is that really the cheapest options you could come up with? I'm looking at sourcing some rollers and a cam out of a later model 302 truck at Harry's. Maybe I'll get lucky?

>>15759026
I have looked through them and found a lot of helpful information. However most of it is years old at this point and you never know if someone on here figured out a new trick. However unlikely it may be.
>>
nitrous
>>
>>15760676
Won't that cause an imminent danger to my manifold?
>>
>>15760480
new tricks cost money, I know tricks to drag power out of non egr carb 302's so I cant help you a whole lot.

Though the old go to the junkayrd and find a set of GT40 or Gt40p heads and the matching intake will open it up, add in a nice cam and you should get some good power.

Don't quote me on this, I don't know much about 5.0 H/O and non H/O engines.
>>
>>15757828
>I've decided swapping intakes over to the truck or maybe the gt40 intake. Do you guys have any opinions about those or maybe better ideas.

You mean heads......

They'll have to be remilled before you do that.

Cams and heads are a start.
>>
>>15760811
From what I understand it's just that ho have slightly larger intakes used roller lifters and steel cams. As well as forged Pistons and crank. While non ho used cast everything. And tappet lifters.

Do I need the Pistons too or just the gt40 heads?
>>
>>15760818
Well I meant intake cause I wasn't really planning on doing. The heads but was told the intakes that come attached on the gt40 heads may give more airflow however I guess now I am also looking at that option. Any particular cams? Remember I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible so any lifter swaps or anything else will have to be included in the budgeting
>>
>>15760840
Heads, intake, tb, but again don't quote me on this. I don't know enough about the Speed density system and such. Ask specific forums for advice, thats where the guru's are.
>>
>>15760862
If you want good advice on cams ask manufactures of cams, they'll want info on your setup to give you a good idea of what would work well.
>>
>>15760862
Dude it's a topic that's been beaten to death over the years everyone and their mother has built a 302 honestly just google it you'll come up with hundreds of low Buck no Buck builds for 302s. The gt40p route is cheap but requires work to bolt on to an older motor , gt40 heads a decent e303 cam and your choice of intake should put you at 220-240 wheel hp more than enough to do burnout and be a dick. I'd stay away from junkyard heads since they're so hit and miss and gt40s are cheap new fully dressed with no headaches. Honestly google it
>>
>>15760992
I have googled it and I understand it's pretty well beaten. But sometimes it's nice to talk plans over and ask questions. Besides most of the builds are throwing $1000 into the engine and I don't have near that budget. That's also why I'm hitting junkyards.
>>
>>15761088
I didn't mean to come off as a dick my bad , it's just smarter to save up the money and do it right the first time , gt40 heads are becoming scarce in yards and you run a certain amount of risk with getting heads off a junked h.o 5.0. What's the point in saving money upfront on heads when you're at minimum going to need to have it milled flat , the exhaust and intake valves lapped so they seat correctly, valve stems and seals replaced and those are all just the bare minimum to get a used head freshened up , all those things cost money labour and time. Is it worth spending 50 dollars on used heads when you'll have to dump another 250 or 300 into them to get them decent rather than buying a new set at 600 and knowing your heads are completely rock solid and warranted.Same goes with cam lifters etc , no point showing in a used cam in with worn lifters and valve springs which might be all for little or no gain.
>>
>>15761126
That isn't to say you can't find good deals on used parts through forums and cl just have to be patient.if I were you I'd be on the hunt for a good used set of gt40's not gt40ps since the gt40s bolt on some sort of trick flow edlebrock upper intake , shorty headers and a e303 cam set from ford racing I can't imagine however all that being done for cheaper than 600
>>
>>15761146
You didn't sound dickish I totally understood. And yea it makes sense to do it right later than twice. But as it is I have a $50 truck and a $50 engine and while I know it'll run well with the 302 if there was a part or two I could swap like say the intakes while I was at it. The. Why not? The truck intake seems like the cheapest quick job. After that its rebuilding and honestly I already know the engine will need it soon enough. So might try saving up.

Then again there is also the fun in pulling and trying junk.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.