[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two owners ago this car had eyelashes, and the residue is stuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 011.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Two owners ago this car had eyelashes, and the residue is stuck on there. Any idea what will take it off? Something that won't ruin the paint, please.

I can kinda peel some of it off, but some of it has gotten hard as well
>>
Try WD40. Let it soak in. If that doesn't work, brake cleaner. If that doesn't work, Goof Off.
>>
>>15751553
It's already ruined.
>buying a car that had eye lashes
Use brake clean
>>
>>15751553
>miata with eyelashes

I literally want to kill myself off of this earth who wants to help
>>
>>15751575
Oh, I didn't think of wd40. That'd work even on the hard parts? Should I get like a razor or anything?
>>
>>15751633
Your going to gouge paint with a razor.
Use brake clean and a plastic putty knife or something
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
If all else fails, get one of these.
>>
>>15751553
try a little brake cleaner. just spray on, wait 10 seconds, wipe off, repeat.
>>
Brake kleen and a rag. Just do it, it works
>>
BRAKE CLEANER
R
A
K
E
CLEANER
>>
Clay bar removed eyelash residue on my managers car
>>
what the fuck

>brake ccleaner

doesnt brake cleaner destroy the clearcoat?

just like brake fluid
>>
Don't use brake cleaner christ. This belongs in the stupid questions thread but I'll humor you.

Try WD40, if that doesn't work find 80% or better alcohol. Stay away from paint thinner and acetone.

If that doesn't work, put gasoline on a rag and try that.

Or just try goo gone.
>>
File: _SC00314.jpg (69KB, 576x436px) Image search: [Google]
_SC00314.jpg
69KB, 576x436px
>>15751553
razor blade and goo gone
>>
3M adhesive remover or the eraser wheel some fag posted a pic of
>>
File: Rock_Grit_Protector.jpg (56KB, 635x423px) Image search: [Google]
Rock_Grit_Protector.jpg
56KB, 635x423px
>>15751553
Why not call five different body shops for their opinion on getting rid of eyelash adhesive. They will ask you what it was. You will describe it accurately. By getting opinions from five different places, you can at least compare the solution methods.

Anything that scratches clear coat is no. So no razors or metal scrapers.

Things that attack paint are no. That means acetone too. Goo Gone works if there is no crack through the clear coat to your paint. That's because goo gone will wick thru a crack in the clear coat and possibly discolor the paint over time. Be sure to clean off the oily goo gone after you are done.

Goo gone has to be massaged into the edge where the stuff sticks to the paint. The best tool is a fingernail unfortunately. The next best is a wooden toothpick. Very gently try to keep lifting the edge of the black stuff. After lifting, hold the toothpick at about 30 to 45 degree angle sideways to the black stuff but also parallel to the painted body surface. Push gently with the tip on the black stuff as close to the place where it meets the edge of the paint.

Picture: Instead of eybrows, how about this for your car next time?
>>
>>15753914
this isnt real is it
>>
>>15753873
Low voc level it won't.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.