[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the consequences of not telling my insurance company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What are the consequences of not telling my insurance company that my car is modded?
>>
A cold air intake isn't a mod
>>
>>15750650
Intercooler, intake, exhaust, charge pipe, short ahifter, tune, catch can

Is that a mod?
>>
>>15750633
> Crash car
> Go to insurance company
> They see the car was modded
> Refuse to cover the damage to it
> Refuse to cover the damage you did to whatever you hit
> You're personally liable for all of the damage
> Cover withdrawn because you're a liar
> You then are legally bound to state such when getting insurance elsewhere
> Soon, you're only able to insure a tiny 500cc japanese econobox for all your money, and still have to have a black box on it
>>
Don't give your insurance any grounds to not cover you in an accident, insurance companies actively look for every little reason to pull out.
>>
>>15750655
No. They don't care about that crap. Body work, chassis modification that's what they care about.
>>
>>15750633
>What are the consequences of not telling my insurance company that my car is modded?

If the law allows such mods (road legal) then your car is still covered. However, almost all insurance policies specifically state that only OEM parts are covered. So if you want any non OEM things to be covered, then that must be noted. Standard things such as aftermarket stereo are automatically covered in my policy from state farm. Your insurance may cover only the oem radio replacement unless the unit was stolen. Then the general property theft clause covers it. If you have only liability insurance, well, that's just too bad right? I got the full boat insurance so pretty much all the parts are covered including K&N filter mods, etc, even though I never installed such.

One thing insurance companies hate is "racing mods". My policy specifically says NOX and other racing type mods are never covered. To them, racing gear is grounds for reckless driving and they refuse to support anything to do with deliberately reckless driving.

The typical insurance policy does not cover problems occurring during commission of a felony, acts of war, terrorism, suicide, etc. If I drive the car and murder someone by running them over, the insurance will not cover repairs to the car. If I am racing and wreck it, insurance will not cover the car. So before you take it out hooning or onto a race track to do time trials, check your policy out. It might not cover those track days during autocross meets.

Geico looks for every little reason to not cover you. State Farm is generally more lenient.
>>
>>15750650
Yes it is.
>>
>>15750790
>If I am racing and wreck it, insurance will not cover the car. So before you take it out hooning or onto a race track to do time trials, check your policy out. It might not cover those track days during autocross meets.

I heard people take off their plates or cover them when they go racing because they said that the insurance company would send people there and cancel anyone's policy they see there.

Never knew it was true, always thought they were paranoid.
>>
>>15750790
Are boltons covered? Full exhaust, CAI, intake mani, throttle body?

What about new wheels or coilovers?

I think I'm fucking fucked x_x
>>
>>15750633
Depends, Either they won't cover the damages to the parts, or if the parts contributed to the accident then they may not pay out at all.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.