[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's a question for all you bogans out there. Would it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Here's a question for all you bogans out there.

Would it be possible for me, as an American, to import my 95 Geo Tracker to Australia? I am not familiar with the emissions standards ya'll have there.
>>
Why would you import it though? I know you might like the car, and think it's worth it, but trust me: It's not. Just buy a new car once you get over here, the costs of importing, getting through all the legal stuff (you won't see it again if you try to do it yourself, you need someone who does it for a job), and converting it to RHD without it being a horrible mess are just not worth it.

Also, if you say ya'll over here you'll get bashed.
>>
>>15743269
This guy never loved his cars.
>>
>>15743269
>why HOON, HOONING is dangerous, ban HOONERS

fuck off kangeroo, this man clearly loves his tracker and wants to keep it
>>
>>15742995
Why?

It'd be cheaper to buy a Suzuki Vitara locally than to bring yours over.
>>
>>15742995
Unless it has absolute sentimental value to you, and you have lots of money - you're better off selling the Tracker to someone you know will take care of it, and buy another one locally. They were sold here in RHD but they're called a Suzuki Vitara. Not overly rare to be honest.

Like the above Anon said... you'd probably end up spending more on a RHD conversion than the value of the vehicle itself. Paperwork is ass too, when I brought my car over from Japan I just got a shop to take care of all that for me, cost about $1500 but I daresay it would be more coming from the United States. Legality of driving a LHD is pretty grey depending on state as well, a lot of states will only let you register them with historic plates and if it's of a certain vintage and as such you're restricted to how much you can drive it, have to join a club, maintain a logbook, etc. You'll also have to do some works to get it to meet "compliance" standards - i.e. if the vehicle didn't come with a rear centre high mount brake lamp, you'll need to install one - you need orange blinkers, can't get away with your brake lights being the same lamps as your blinkers unless it's a historic vehicle. You won't have issues with emissions, as we don't emissions test here as far as I'm aware - just has to pass a safety inspection, and yearly inspections if you live in NSW or the NT.

>Wittenoom
Creepy place. Never been there, and apparently it's pretty dangerous to go there without any respiratory protection. Especially creepy how it's just been stricken off all the signs that point to the town, just blank spaces on them now.

Oh yeah, if you're coming to Australia, it's HOT. My ex was from Georgia and even she couldn't deal with regular temperatures here.
>>
>>15742995
All cars in Aus need to be right hand drive in order to be registered and driven on the road here. Would be more cost effective to find a clean RHD model sold here and sell your current one like the other annons have said.
>>
>>15742995
>Americucks
Keep your jew dick out of here. Fuck off cunt.
>>
>>15744027
Still salty about WW2?
>>
File: qufo5tb[1].png (5KB, 858x39px) Image search: [Google]
qufo5tb[1].png
5KB, 858x39px
>>15744017
OP here. I just stumbled upon this from an Australian government website.
>>
>>15744595
Hmm, afaik anything built after 1985 had to be RHD in order to be registered. You see alot of old Mustangs/Camaros around that are LHD. Where did you find it?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.