[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a Jeep that has lost the title due to foolishly starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0925.jpg (712KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0925.jpg
712KB, 1632x1224px
I have a Jeep that has lost the title due to foolishly starting an insurance claim on an accident, but is in relatively good shape. (don't ever use your insurance kids)
Would it be technically legal for me to go buy.. oh say a toyota corolla with a clean title, then swap the jeep's frame, driveline, and body "onto the toyota" leaving only the toyota's vin tags?
(obviously i mean put the toyota vin tags onto the jeep but in the eyes of the law etc etc.)

While we are on the subject, would I also receive the added benefit of paying corolla rate insurance on a wrangler?

This has to be illegal somehow right?
>>
>>15741829
yes 100% illegal
>>
what shit insurance company do you use
>>
>Check our my 2002 Toyota Corolla
>Yeah I swapped over the frame
>Drivetrain
>Body
>All the wiring
>Nothing original is left from the corolla

Just buy a junk Jeep and swap vins.
>>
>>15741893
there are no junk jeeps that still have a title.
I need a clean title too, not a salvage rebuilt or rebuildable title. The only insurance company that would cover such titled vehicles is progressive, and for someone of my age to insure that vehicle with progressive is nearly $450/mo, liability only, which is unacceptable.
>>
>>15742081
what the hell insurance company won't cover a salvage title? What shithole state do you live in?
>>
>>15742092
this is not at all an uncommon thing. have you ever actually looked into the subject yourself or are you just talking out your ass for the sake of contradiction?
>>
>>15741829
so you claimed it was stolen for the monies?

Part it out, sell all the parts, and buy a nice 9mm, and shoot yourself in the face.
>>
>>15742081
Drive to the rust belt.

We have lots of Jeeps with good titles that are simply put, parts Jeeps, or use at your own risk ORV Jeeps. Usually serious frame rot.

Expect to pay $1,500+ for something that looks like swiss cheese that won't go down the road.

Jeeps are a joke.
>>
>>15742144
no, i incurred front end damage from a hit and run driver, sustained about $2000 in realistic damage, insurance adjuster claimed it was ~$6000 in damage, then quoted my $10,000 valued vehicle at $5500. after two months of battling the insurance company i had to settle and move on with my life. opted to purchase the jeep back from them so now i have most of a jeep but no title.
>>
Doesn't quite work that way lol.

It has to be at least very similar or you'll be impounded the first time.you get pulled over, which probably wouldn't take long if that registered as a corolla. Either way very illegal, but tons of guys do it with the old 4x4s up here. Someone offered me 500$ for the clean VIN on a 4runner I rolled a couple years ago. I totally would have taken him up on that offer if I hadn't already sold the leftover shell to the crusher
>>
>>15741829
That also looks like an old YJ, and no YJ is worth 10k in the eyes of anyone but a YJ owner
>>
>>15742428
you have a point there
>>
>>15742428
If you knew what you were talking about you'd know that's a TJ.
>>
>>15741829
>Don't ever use your insurance
You're a retard.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.