[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Ford dealership in my area is having some insane deals on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

The Ford dealership in my area is having some insane deals on Fusions right now and I'm tempted to spring for one, but how reliable are they? Is it going to shit the bed on me at the 5 year Mark when the warranty expires?
>>
>>15741597
>buying a knock off 2nd rate version of a good car
Wew
>>
I tried to check Consumer Reports for you, but I have to subscribe which is bullshit. All I can tell you is that Fords are fairly reliable WITH EXCEPTION to their automatic transmissions, which seem to have a lot of issues on some cars, primarily DCT systems. Do some research on that, because I don't think you can get a Fusion in manual.

Employee pricing ends pretty soon so now is the time to buy one though. Publications seem to put them in the middle of the pack or a little towards the top in comparison to other midsize sedans.

If you got the money the 2.7L Sport model with AWD and 325hp is coming soon too.
>>
File: ford a shit.jpg (8KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
ford a shit.jpg
8KB, 236x214px
>wanting a ford
Your funeral.
>>
they're having a crazy sale because nobody wants to buy them!!!!
>>
>>15741597
its a pretty decent car especially if you get it for a good price

money talks right

but its also an american car so it will last with good upkeep but shit like paint and electronic shit tends to fail after 6-8 years

it aint no corolla
>>
>>15741597
Is the video legit??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q3y80r-cR0
>>
>>15741597
Ford service advisor here. while that platform has only been out for about 4 years now, they've proven to be pretty reliable. the majority of the issues I see with them are related to electronics, mainly the SYNC/Myfordtouch system. with that said, they're still fairly isolated. my friend's wife bought a 2013 Fusion Titanium when they first came out and puts on a shitload of miles, I think she's coming up on 110k now and it's only seen the service center for recalls and maintenance. no actual issues/failures.

>>15741636
the DCTs that are shitting the bed are only in the Focus and Fiesta in the US. the Fusion uses a different traditional automatic that has been pretty much issue-free. the Sport is out already, I took one for a rip two weeks ago and it's definitely a fun car. I like it better than the Taurus SHO because it doesn't feel so fucking bloated.
>>
>>15741597
>buying a midsize sedan
what kind of faggot are you?
>>
>>15741714
Modern Corollas are so drop-dead boring that I'd actually take a compact with Fiat-tier reliability if it had some semblance of fun handling and performance.
>>
>>15742036
>has never driven a corolla
>>
>>15741597
Get a Focus or Fiesta ST faggot. Also Ford's reliability from my experience isn't bad. They are lightyears ahead of Chrysler and Chevrolet. I am not a fan of the fusion though because it is a characterless sedan while I like cool speedy hatchbacks
>>
>>15742060
>buying a knock off mazda
Its like buying chinese shit and then wondering why it broke
>>
>>15741845
The problem is people here in the U.S don't know what they are doing with a DCT, For example I was on a hill once with my mom in my cousin's Fiesta SE and my mom was driving, We were stopped on a hill and she let of the break assuming that the car would continue to move forward up the hill as a CVT would, however the car switched into reverse like it should have to prevent damage the clutch and she backed into someone. The DCT is more like a stick and you must keep your foot on the break. I still am Stick all the way on my Fiesta ST but I do love my cousin's DCT SE and its engaging drive.
>>
>>15742068
Mazda is cool in my book. No problems with them, Their selection isn't as varied as Ford's selection is, but every car in their lineup looks really good, unlike some auto makers "Chevrolet" who can't make a good looking or reliable car to save their lives.
>>
>>15742118
The average chevy driver is an inbred knuckle dragger so the designs of the cars have to be simplistic and blocky accordingly.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.