[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of people drove the H1 when it was first released to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: h1.jpg (328KB, 1792x1200px) Image search: [Google]
h1.jpg
328KB, 1792x1200px
What kind of people drove the H1 when it was first released to the public? Was it way more expensive than other expensive SUVs? What was the point of having one? Was it mostly for rich people like actors or musicians or did average people own these too?
>>
>>15731975
Why the fuck you even care? You just go up to a H1 driverfag and suck his big fat dick
>>
I barely saw any of them around here. Saw one last week or so
>>
>>15731986
Just out of curiosity since I always liked the Hummer H1 but I don't live in the US and I don't know much about it so I wonder what kind of people owned one in real life.
>>
>>15732015
Just your typical soccer dad who wants to look badass and hauls ass but in reality is going to kill himself for how much gas it sucks and breaks down
>>
>>15732030
>typical soccer dad who wants to look badass and hauls ass
This

My cuckTier dad was considering trading his truck for one in the mid 2000s when he was going through his midlife crisis
>>
>>15732030
>gas
>>
>>15732030
>>15732058
Road legal H1's were waaay to expensive for soccer-anybodies. That demographic was sold the gussied up Tahoe called an H2. For the H1 think Shwarzenegger (he did own one of the first road legal Hummers) and other obnoxious celebrities
>>
I see, thanks!
>>
>>15732098
This. The original run of H1s were very expensive, and that kept them out of normal people's garages far more than, say, their reputation for tiny-dicked drivers and terrible fuel economy.
>>
>>15732098
Quit defending For this shitty gas guzzler. They should of never made those hideous COD killstreak lookin-like cars. At least Chebby should've called it a Chevrolet Hummer H3 to be a Jeep competitor
>>
L[itera[l[ly [[on[[[[[ly r[ich m[i[c[[ro[[pen[[is aut[ists[.
>>
>>15731975

I grew up in a rich neighborhood and saw a couple (Only 2). It was the 90s, and the stock market was amazing, people were buying sports cars left and right. I think one was actually a rich soccer-mom type, the other was some middle-aged dude. IIRC they costed around 100k USD or so (They were expensive but not Lamborghini expensive.), so only the rich could afford one. But it was WIDELY ridiculed in the newspapers, with people joking about how the next car released would be a tank or and armored personnel carrier.
>>
File: arnold-schwarzenegger-lg[1].jpg (331KB, 1228x1200px) Image search: [Google]
arnold-schwarzenegger-lg[1].jpg
331KB, 1228x1200px
>>15731975

Only faggots buy the cucked H2 and H3.
>>
>>15732165

I saw a political cartoon or a mom driving her kids to school in a humvee. In the cartoon they were all wearing flak vests and military helmets. Implication is that they were either military enthusiasts or crazy about safety.

Either way, they were made fun of relentlessly.
>>
>>15732098
it's not a tohoe idiot even the frame is completely different but I ques todays car guys only know some stuff and a lot of bullshit from comedy show called top gear
>>
File: 001[1].jpg (38KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
001[1].jpg
38KB, 500x375px
Typical Hummer owner.
>>
>you will never be a basketball american and buy gaudy shit.
>>
>>15731975
I can't say to much about the average person, but I've noticed army vets tend to pick up old h1's
>>
>>15732165
>>15732203
I'd be surprised to see a woman driving an H1, it seems like it'd be uncomfortable to daily drive given the weirdly tiny footwell. Plus the obnoxious width would probably mean inevitable parking disasters in the hands of a woman driver.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7gZ28Msa8g

fuck you niggers
>>
>>15732058
Like father like son, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 632x362px)
image.jpg
36KB, 632x362px
It was popular with bounty hunters.
>>
>>15732196
youre right, its not a tahoe. the H3 is actually a Chevy Canyon
>>
>>15734382
The off-road capability of the H1 is indeed impressive, especially at military spec.

Using one as a road car with any kind of regularity in a first-world country is fairly retarded, however.
>>
Gary Coleman owned one.
>>
I saw one a few days ago that had a duramax swap done and he was rolling coal out of a stack that had to have been a foot in diameter. Fucking trailer trash that hit a lotto.

I do however want a military 2 door one. When I find a suitable one I'll probably snag it. But it will be used for 4 wheeling and camping.
>>
>>15736266
A hummer-based camping rig sounds cool as fuck.
>>
>>15736527

Im just waiting to find the right one thats under 20k
>>
used military humvees go for like 6k$ usd, how would you go about making one road legal?
>>
File: theHub-Hummer-Full-wrap.jpg (684KB, 1200x804px) Image search: [Google]
theHub-Hummer-Full-wrap.jpg
684KB, 1200x804px
People who bought H1s did so as a rolling billboard. Most H1s had a vinyl wrap, or at a minimum, some dot com website lettered on the side.

Two types of people bought H2s... Many to advertise, except they advertised things like local martial arts studios. The other group to delude themselves into believing they had a military-grade truck - they drove offroad at reckless speeds, and ended up with a bent or broken suspension (I had a friend who was a GM mechanic at a dealer that sold H2s).

H2s were actually based on GM's GMT 820 platform shared with the Escalade, Tahoe, and Yukon.
>>
>>15731975
The same people that buy g-wagens now.
>>
>>15736998
You can get them with titles as of this year, then there's a company in utah that seems to have all the bits you need
http://www.planbsupply.com/#!hummers-h1-humvees-hmmwv-for-sale/c224n

I suddenly want one, too.
>>
>>15737221
wtf

I love America now
>>
File: humveeeeeee.jpg (49KB, 463x342px) Image search: [Google]
humveeeeeee.jpg
49KB, 463x342px
>>15737221
>tfw you want a slantback but you also want that tent
>>
>>15731975
They were very expensive.

They were made in the same plant as the Humvee if I recall.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.