[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College student here! Should I buy the old japanese 80s sports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1471154320165.jpg (505KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1471154320165.jpg
505KB, 2048x1365px
College student here!
Should I buy the old japanese 80s sports car roller chassis of my dreams and then put in literally anything that's easiest to get working and reliable so it at least runs and use it as my first car!? I want to drive a cool RWD car and have fun!
There is an FC RX7 chassis, a SW20 one, 2 E70 corolla coupes, and a couple aw11s

Thank you /o/! I love you guys.
>>
>I have no money and have never owned a car
>Should I try building one from parts?
You'll have a degree before you have reliable transportation if you attempt this.
>>
>>15729453
I vote corolla
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 300x225px
Hyundai pony
>>
>>15729532
Why cant you believe in me?
>>
>>15731193
Not the guy you responded too but things aren't as easy as just chucking an engine in anywhere.
You need to make sure that:
>the engine fits with all its components
>the transmission fits with all its components
>you can make sturdy motor mounts in the correct places
>you can heavily modify a drive shaft to work
>you can tune an engine from nothing and hook up all your lights and signals so they actually work through the controls

Even guys who are experienced with engine swaps will take weeks to months to do the first swap of a different type just because everything can be so different. If you've never owned a car or worked on a car I can tell you what you want to do is almost impossible.

It's like asking how to swim in the Olympics while you're still getting swim lessons at your public pool from the family friend who swam in highschool.
>>
>college student with no wrenching experience, tools, or resources asks if he should buy a project as a first car (that he will DD)

Doesn't take a collegeboi to see that this is a bad idea
>>
>>15729453
Buy a compact truck and use that as your DD. Then you can use it to pick up parts for your project and it will still be useful when you get your sportscar running.
>>
>>15729453
Buy something mobile, get laid, success.
You could always spend your college years in a shed.
BTW the cars top and bottom in pic are inferior body styles to wake up in with a partner.
>>
>>15732534
I dont give a shit about sex.
>>15732497
I dont really need a truck
>>
>>15733873
Contact trucks are useful and practical and cheap. Also rwd/4wd depending and some are fuel efficient. You can haul your engine in it and driveshaft and if it's a v6 even do a little towing if you want to make a track only car. You will also have a rolling chassis way longer than you expect and will need to go places to find the weird part you need and don't want to be restricted to asking for help. Do you have a garage or live in a non snow climate? If it snows save money over winter and buy the car at thaw or buy the shell now and accumulate parts over winter and drive your 1000$ s10 beater In the meantime
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.