[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got my license are there any tips/tricks/secrets to parallel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: BMW-316i-Sedan-1982–1987.jpg (53KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
BMW-316i-Sedan-1982–1987.jpg
53KB, 800x600px
Just got my license

are there any tips/tricks/secrets to parallel parking?

I haven't done it yet
>>
Don’t crash
>>
>>15726368
This is probably good advice.
>>
>>15726360
>Pull along side the car infrint of the spot you want to go into
>start reversing when you are lined up with their backpannel start to crank it
>get you back tore to touch the curb where you want it to stop.
>pull forward and bring the front end in.

Youll get the concept over time and this is the easiest way to learn to parallel park. After getting good at it you wont need the curb.
>>
What? How the fuck do you get a license without parallel parking?
>>
>>15726360
>Got license
>Hasn't parallel parked

I smell Bullshit.
>>
>>15726599
I'm learning to drive and I know if you fail parallel parking you fail the entire test. I'm just an American though
>>
>>15726608
Then don't claim you have your license if you haven't.

Kids today FFS.
>>
>>15726598

There weren't any cars in the area my instructor wanted me to parallel park so I just slid right in without having to go through the whole process
>>
>>15726599
Depends on the State, County, and even City whether it's on the test or not.
Where I am in California parallel parking isn't on the test. The DMV 20 miles south of mine? Their test has it.
>>
>>15726703
its just a written test to get a learners license here, i think it expires after 4 years if you dont upgrade

learners license still gets you behind the wheel
>>
>>15726703
I'm not the OP, anon
>>
>>15726731
>There weren't any cars in the area my instructor wanted me to parallel park so I just slid right in without having to go through the whole process

Over here, the DOL doesn't use other people's cars as the driving test obstacles in parallel parking. They don't want the cars damaged. So they put up cones. The examiner gets out of the car and watches you get into the space. You are allowed two back and forths but more is fail. Love tapping the cones is fail as that is an impact to someone else's car.

My driver's test had two different types of parallel parking tests. One was the cone. Another was the parallel parking by a street corner where the rear is demarcated by the corner and the front is demarcated by a fire hydrant. There are no cones for that of course. When done, the examiner checks to see if you are the legal distance from the hydrant and the legal distance from the corner and the legal distance from the curb with your wheels. At first I thought it was a trick request where he was asking me to park in an illegal spot, but as it turns out, there was enough room to legally parallel park one car there. Two cars could have parked there and be legal from the hydrant, but then the street corner rule would be broken.

I asked him were all tests this hard and long? He said no, but this was my first test to get my first license in this state after moving here. So I got the full test to verify that I was able to drive according to THIS state's laws and didn't drive according to my PRIOR state's laws. He was validating that I had changed to my new state's laws. He's sure a conscientious examiner. I approve of that even though I would have simply liked to walk in and pick up my new DL without any written or practical test requirement.
>>
>>15727286
*continued*
I should have clarified. Someone could misunderstand. When I talked about the parallel parking test failure, I meant to say there would be penalty points taken off my score. I didn't mean to say the test itself was failed which would be dire. If the test is failed, then it cannot be re-taken for another 15 days for the first fail and 30 days for the 2nd fail. What can cause a test to fail? Actual collision with a real car. Running a red light. Running a stop sign. Hitting a pedestrian. Driving without insurance. Hitting the parallel parking cones is not a test fail although the points off is large.

Ironically, refusing to do the parallel parking test for the cones gives a SMALLER penalty than if you tried and hit a cone. That was how the test was scored way back then about 25 years ago when I took the test. I wonder how they score them now? It seems people drive way more carelessly than ever. I wonder if they allow you to run over a pedestrian (hit and run), rob a bank, and park within 15 feet of a hydrant and still pass. Many people drive like crap now.
>>
>>15726518
does this work with any sized car as long as I have the space for the spot?

like when I start to swing in my front should swing into the car in front?
>>
>>15726791
That's called a learners permit here and not that's not a real license.
>>
>>15726360
Pull up closely along side the car in front of the space that you will be parking in - so that your passenger mirror is in line with the seam between that vehicles front and rear door.
Cut your wheel all the way to the right.
Proceed backward until your passenger mirror is aligned with that vehicles rear bumper.
Stop. Cut your wheel all the way to the left. Then proceed to finish backing into the space.

This was the one piece of advice that stuck with me from driving school years ago. Obviously it's just a rule of thumb so practice with your own vehicle to learn how you may need to adjust it
>>
File: silly baka.png (158KB, 384x404px) Image search: [Google]
silly baka.png
158KB, 384x404px
>>15726360

Just keep practicing and make sure you only parallel park near shit cars that already have fucked up bumpers so you have plausable deniability if you fuck up.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.