[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to speedometers like this that were in almost every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: speedometer.jpg (69KB, 793x473px) Image search: [Google]
speedometer.jpg
69KB, 793x473px
What happened to speedometers like this that were in almost every American car from the 40s to the 70s? Why did they disappear entirely? I think they have a really nice aesthetic
>>
Once lots of Americans began to buy imported cars Detroit was like fuck it we'll just make our cars like the foreign ones. This is still happening today as you can tell. American cars were SO much better looking than any other cars when American cars were the only ones you'd see on American streets
>>
>>15723217

Circles are way better.
>>
>>15723242
why
>>
>>15723217
These bitches snap odo worm gears so often
>>
>>15723254

Looks cooler with the rpm guage.
>>
Harder to read accurately to within a few miles/kays.
And more difficult to get a sense of speed without looking at it closely.
>>
>>15723263
>Harder to read accurately

Also, this...
I wonder how accurate those old sweepers were compared to today?
The whole idea of how they fujction seems more like a guess to me.
>>
>>15723284
When they were brand new they were fine but they run on clockwork that's bordering 50+ years old and they aren't easy to fix.
>>
Old buicks had the best ever. Barrel speedos.
>>
>>15723329
Nugga das like driving an airplane

Buick used to be so damn dope
>>
66 rivieras are my all time favorite car. I want a pair. One to restore to perfection and the other to mad max.
>>
File: 4046611701_9a8f5b61c6_o.jpg (2MB, 3384x1999px) Image search: [Google]
4046611701_9a8f5b61c6_o.jpg
2MB, 3384x1999px
>>15723345

Forgot example pic
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.