[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever made a car where the clutch is a lever on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Easy-Squeeze.02.jpg (12KB, 375x263px) Image search: [Google]
Easy-Squeeze.02.jpg
12KB, 375x263px
Has anyone ever made a car where the clutch is a lever on the shifter, like a motorcycle? would this work instead of a third pedal?
>>
>>15722113
>What is three on the tree
>>
I'm inclined to believe cars have much stiffer clutches than bikes, which would fatigue your hand far too quickly.
>>
i wish people that knew nothing about cars would go back to rebbit
>>
>>15722143
Clutch was still on the floor, dumb ass.
>>
>>15722113
that's fuckin dumb though
how long of a shift would you need
the even numbered gears would have an awkward angle unless the lever is perpendicular, then imagine what the shifter would look like
>>
What they really should do is due this for a motorcycle "suicide" shifter. Looks cool and much safer.
>>
>>15722185
suicide shifters aren't really made anymore except for nigger rigged choppers. A few people do put the clutch on their shift lever though.
>>
>>15722113

I think this comes down a production and tooling question

could a one off boutique car do this

yes

would you change a production factory for this

No
>>
What about something like this
>>
>>15722162
Hydraulic/electronic clutch.

You don't actually need the traditional arrangement of controls, or even a sane one. Even the brakes can be computer controlled.

Put the throttle on the steering wheel. Put the clutch on the shifter. Operate the brakes by shifting your hips with a dildo up your ass.
>>
>>15722263
my fucking sides.
>>
>>15722113
Audi Quattro S1 for the Walter Rohrl Pike's Peak run in 1987
It was a white button on top of the shift knob, which instead of being directly connected to the clutch, just physically pushed down the pedal.

It got him the record, so there must have been some downfall that kept them from developing it further, for production car use etc.

It's at 3:50 in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8nKhhMJtvc
>>
>>15722143
>>What is three on the tree

That still uses a clutch pedal.
>>
>>15722263
The Gr.B spec Audi Sport Quattro had exactly that setup, along with a regular clutch pedal.
>>
I guess busses have 4 speed automatic transmissions which function something like this. Piss'd Off Pete on jay leno's garage is what came to mind when I read the OP.

https://youtu.be/p4frzQdh6GE?t=8m
>>
>>15722169

He must not realize car clutches are significantly harder to engage than bikes... Which is the whole reason you use your foot in the first place. Not to mention you'd have to take both hands off the wheel lol
>>
>>15722263

Haahaaahaaahahahaahahahaahahaaaahahaahahaahah

Wait I'm not done...

AAAAAhaaahaaahahhahahaha!
>>
>>15722304
I thought it had only a small button on top of the shifter which triggered the clutch electrohydraulically.
>>
>>15722461
>>15722277
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.