[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice from anyone who lives in CA. I'll be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1471404927954.png (303KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1471404927954.png
303KB, 500x341px
I need some advice from anyone who lives in CA. I'll be moving from PA sometime next winter and I currently have a golf and an s13, both are straight piped and have healthy amounts of money and aftermarket parts, and if at all possible I would like to keep both. My question is regarding inspection and smog, as where I am in PA my daily being a tdi doesn't require emission inspection, and my s13 is just "passed" by a buddy. Should I keep the PA plates? Is it smarter to sell the 240? Thanks
>>
Yeah, you're fucked. Sell them both.
>>
>>15721256
gr8
>>
Make peace with being CARB legal.
>>
>>15721256
Seriously, OP you're fucked.
California not only has visual inspection, where everything has to be legal, but the tail pipe inspection is on a dyno.
They also have portable IR inspection vans they park on freeway on ramps and test you as you pass by and take a pic of your plate (on throttle 'cause on ramp of course)- fail that and you have to be inspected at a station that you can't just magically make a pass certificate appear with an extra $200.
>>
>>15719211
1) install a test pipe to swap in CC
2) live in a no retest county
3) do the test on a wet morning
>TL;DR- register in Oregon
>>
>>15721560
I've never been stopped and randomly inspected. Stop lying. It's not a common thing

And yes you can pay an extra $200 to get it to "pass".
>>
File: 20160603_131903.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160603_131903.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>15719211
>>15721560
I just moved from PA to CA.

No problemo. Inspection didn't involve a dyno.

I drive a stock grandpa sedan tho, YMMV.
>>
>>15719211
Lol I have a non-compliant fd that I've kept registered out of state for several years

No problems to report
>>
>>15719211
If they stay registered in PA you're fine
>>
Depending on where you live the local PD will make note of your PA plates. If you have them on the car longer than a couple months they will harass you to get CA registration.
>>
>>15721560
Where fuck in Cali do you live. I've never had a visual inspection, idk what the fuck an ir inspection is either.

Also op yeah I'm sure your cars won't pass smog unless you have CA compliant cats without acel
>>
>>15722518
This is truth
>>
>>15719211
Don't move to Cali. Problem solved . You will piss off someone some where and they will turn your plates in and your now toast. Good luck with that.
>>
>>15722518
>harass out of state plates
I can't imagine the butthurt when they stop someone who is driving a rental.
>>
>>15721540
Safest bet. Aftermarket parts need a CARB E.O. sticker.
>>15721560
No more rolling road tests for OBD2 cars. They do a visual and make sure it isn't throwing any codes. I've heard of the on-ramp testers but not in the form a van. There are 'voluntary' roadside testing checkpoints but I haven't seen those either. Don't go catless.
>>15722056
Cops can ask you to pop your hood and can send you to the smog ref. No bribing them. Not saying it's common but it happens, especially if you stand out. PS gib $200 smog hookup pls.
>>15722518
This.

Older diesel cars don't need to be smogged but I'm not up on that stuff.
>>
>>15719211
fuck off we're full
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.