[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>implying mass production fuel cars won't disappear in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 14

File: file.png (1MB, 1225x706px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1225x706px
>implying mass production fuel cars won't disappear in the next 10 years

How cucked are you "petrol heads" aka oil companies shills?
>>
>live in a 3rd world manly-hole

kek, can't wait until 1st world cuckholds won't be able to drive ICE cars
>>
>>15712215
>10 years
EVs just arent there yet
maybe in 25-30 years

i will miss the ICE when it finally does die
>>
like i sad in the other thread. im waiting for electric motorbikes from the big 4
honda
kawasaki
yamaha
suzuki
they all need electric models, especially of sport bikes. we know an electric bike can be faster than a liter bike. where are they?
why are motorbike companies so slow? fuck even ktm was supposed to bring out direct injected 2 strokes 3 years ago
>>
>>15712215
>5000lb landbarge
Nah it's alright I don't want a 2.5 ton car
>>
>>15712224
You won't miss your dinosaur-burning fossil after driving an EV once. They're just so much better, so much more advanced.
>>
Does ICE stand for inter city express?
>>
I'm gonna wait on nuclear powered cars first desu
>>
>>15712224
>maybe in 25-30 years
All major car companies are preparing for the switch, even if they don't admit it.

Faraday will open a massive factory in the next years and Tesla is going to complete the biggest factory on earth.

As soon as Tesla gets the projected production levels and starts eating away all the major car companies profits, youll see a FAST change to electric from all manufacturers.

Homes with batteries and roofs made of solar panels will be the new standard and no one will see the upside to petrol
>>
>>15712234
you need a more compelling argument than that.
otherwise why do cars like the 911 R exist?
its a car with the tech removed. and it is a 6 speed manual. its SOLD OUT
>>
>>15712241
It's what water does when it's cold. Jesus you're dumb
>>
>>15712234
ive driven a model S
it is a nice car, shit i'd even own one, eventually

but the first few generations of new products are always fucked in some way or another

maybe when all of the bugs are worked out, lion battery storage is decent enough to give similar range as ICE, and the price points start to lower
>>
>>15712234
My parents have a Model S, i've driven it but i still prefer my shitbox.
>>
>>15712215
>where does the majority of electricity come from

Diesels are the future.
Diesel is cheaper to produce, cheaper to buy and more energy efficient.
>>
>>15712232
If nobody pushes the bike industry like Tesla is fucking the car industry, why bother?

Just wait until tesla releases the inevitable bike and youll see a lot of them pop out.
>>
>>15712233
Yeah, i bet you hit the track every day with your lightweight sports car that you own and use every day.
>>
>>15712247
yea we can all speculate about things which we've only read about on the internet

doesnt mean anything
>>
>>15712255
Not after the VW emission scandal. Electric cars have zero harmful emissions.
>>
>>15712260
they aught to compete with each other. it seems like the ls 218 is the best bike sold, electric or gas. but fucking $38,000 is too much for a motorcycle
they dont have any economy of scale going
>>
>>15712271
Nobody remembers about that anymore.
Actually, nobody gave a flying fuck for more than a couple days on Europe.
And anyways, you americans never were into diesels.
>>
>>15712255
>Diesel is cheaper to produce, cheaper to buy and more energy efficient.
>implying the world isn't moving towards %99 renewable energy

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/18/portugal-runs-for-four-days-straight-on-renewable-energy-alone?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Facebook
>>
>>15712281
Diesel doesn't exactly burn cleanly, leaving a lot of harmful soot and gases. Electric cars have none of these, while having better power delivery and even more torque.
>>
>>15712269
Yeah, record reservations for the model 3 doesn't mean anything.
>>
File: 1437612356111.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1437612356111.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>15712281
how can one person just always be so fucking wrong

>Nobody remembers about that anymore.

>And anyways, you americans never were into diesels.

>>15712296
>As soon as Tesla gets the projected production levels and starts eating away all the major car companies profits, youll see a FAST change to electric from all manufacturers.

speculation

>Homes with batteries and roofs made of solar panels will be the new standard and no one will see the upside to petrol

SPECULATION

>All major car companies are preparing for the switch, even if they don't admit it.

literally admitting to not knowing what your talking about
>>
>>15712313
Stay in denial, your boat is sinking and you are claiming the the water level is just SPECULATION.
>>
>>15712313
!mjet damage controls about anything related to yurop manufacturers

he is THE eurocuck, after all
>>
Tesla has completely turned the current car market on its head and started the electric revolution. Even Porsche is now desperately trying to catch up to the Model S by developing an electric super sedan of their own.
They see the market for ICEs is dying and that they need to adapt in order to stay relevant.
>>
>>15712281

Oh palhaço de merda, baza daqui para fora. Ninguém te curte, só dizes merda, és gozado até à quinta casa com o teu carro de paneleiro.

Fodasse, apanha noção caralho.
>>
>>15712320
nah im just claiming that the other anons comment is wrong and 90% speculation

if you can provide proof that it isnt, i'll admit im wrong

EVs are cool, but they wont come fast enough because people will be hesitant to change
>>
>>15712333
>people will be hesitant to change
Model 3 preorders.
>>
>>15712325
>Porsche is now desperately trying to catch up

wow this thread is literally "i went to jalopnik once"
>>
>>15712271
>Electric cars have zero harmful emissions.
Forgot about this. Yeah, maybe the cars themselves are not polluting, but the extraction of lithium and the production of the batteries themselves is incredible noxious to the environment.

Lithium isn't the future, it's just a transitory thing. Hydrogen is.

>>15712286
>>implying the world isn't moving towards %99 renewable energy
I was comparing diesel to petrol.
Anywho, when the day comes electricity is 100% solar/hydro/wind powered then you'll have a point.

>>15712295
>Diesel doesn't exactly burn cleanly, leaving a lot of harmful soot and gases.
That's why manufacturers are moving towards DPFs and adblue to minimise that.

>>15712313
>how can one person just always be so fucking wrong
Ask any european on this board if the people on their country give a fuck about the VW scandal.
Most people don't even know or remember.
VAG cars are still the most sold across europe.

Anyway, the pollution caused by petrol/diesel cars is just an incredibly tiny fraction if you consider the whole picture.

>>15712332
Cuidado com essas arestas, lmao.
>>
>>15712247
>Homes with batteries and roofs made of solar panels will be the new standard and no one will see the upside to petrol
You're stupid as fuck.
>>
File: 18k39up3vx7aqjpg.jpg (28KB, 300x359px) Image search: [Google]
18k39up3vx7aqjpg.jpg
28KB, 300x359px
>>15712271
>Electric cars have zero harmful emissions.
H3 is great for the atmosphere.
>>
I would use a tesla as a daily driver but on the weekend I still want that engine rumble and the sound of a loud exhaust
>>
>>15712271
look up "environmental cost of a prius" and see the environmental damage of first modern generation hybrids and electric cars.
lithium and battery mining is also toxic as fuck at the current moment.

libcucks btfo
>>
>>15712241
In car entertainment
>>
>>15712349
why one car? that sounds horrible.
>>
This whole board is full of idiots who are afraid of progress.

Question, who makes the most advanced cars currently on the market? Hint: it's not Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Ford, Toyota or any brand that doesn't offer AutoPilot as optional, let alone standard, equipment.
>>
>>15712336
so you have no valid argument?
>muh pre order numbers

i speculate that tesla will have a hard time competing with ACTUAL AUTO MANUFACTURERS once they enter the EV market
>>
>>15712362
well you're wrong but at least it makes a change from you shitposting about ecoboost
>>
>>15712362
hummer, probably
maybe lockheed martin
>>
>>15712342

> Forgot about this. Yeah, maybe the cars themselves are not polluting, but the extraction of lithium and the production of the batteries themselves is incredible noxious to the environment.

> Lithium isn't the future, it's just a transitory thing. Hydrogen is.

Even though extraction and manufacture cause pollution, in the cars long term life, it's nowhere near comparable to the levels of polution a combustion vehicle emits.

> I was comparing diesel to petrol.
Anywho, when the day comes electricity is 100% solar/hydro/wind powered then you'll have a point.

That argument makes no sense at all, but coming for a retard like yourself, not unexpected.

> That's why manufacturers are moving towards DPFs and adblue to minimise that.

A DPF is one type of filter, ADBLUE is an additive used in another type of particulate filter. You don't even know what you're talking about.

> Ask any european on this board if the people on their country give a fuck about the VW scandal.
Most people don't even know or remember.
VAG cars are still the most sold across europe.

Just so happens I'm an European and people DO remember. People did had their cars remmapped and the ones who didn't or did not care are a very small percentage.

A brand universe like VAG, if it hadn't easily the most cars sold, would definitely be doing something wrong. Again a shitty remark.

Dude, just get the fuck out.
>>
>>15712362
$0.05 has been deposited into your Teshilla account
>>
>>15712361
what do you mean? One car as a DD another as a weekender, its the american dream
>>
>>15712215
>mfw in the future ice vs ev will be a preference just like charcoal vs propane

do you niggas even murrica?
>>
electric cars will never make the sounds that muscle cars, ricers etc make, so fuck electric cars
>>
>>15712393
On the contrary, they can make any sound you want.
>>
>>15712400
but can they internally combust dino goo?
>>
>>15712404
Why would you want to internally combust dino goo if an electric motor is superior in every way?
>>
>>15712375
>Even though extraction and manufacture cause pollution, in the cars long term life, it's nowhere near comparable to the levels of polution a combustion vehicle emits.

[citation needed]
It's not like batteries last forever, you know?

>That argument makes no sense at all, but coming for a retard like yourself, not unexpected.
How about some reading comprehension?
The electricity used on Teslas originates from coal and diesel generators, you know? It's not like it comes from a 100% renewable source.

>A DPF is one type of filter, ADBLUE is an additive used in another type of particulate filter. You don't even know what you're talking about.
Amazing man. You know how to use google. Now you'll point out where I said anything contrary to that.
BOTH things contribute to reducing the noxious particles emitted to the atmosphere.

>Just so happens I'm an European and people DO remember. People did had their cars remmapped and the ones who didn't or did not care are a very small percentage.
Bullshit.

>A brand universe like VAG, if it hadn't easily the most cars sold, would definitely be doing something wrong. Again a shitty remark.
lmao, if people were so worried about the diesel scandal, VW would suffer a major dent in sales, which it didn't. So your point is moot.
People don't give a fuck. It's just as clear as that.
>>
Germany and Cuckifornia are going to ban the sale of new gasoline and diesel passenger cars, in 2030.

You'll have to get a special permit and prove need, to get a new car that burns petroleum fuels.
>>
>>15712417
Good. This will force automakers to stop clinging to obsolete technology.
>>
>>15712417
Good, all the best gas powered cars have already been built. who would need to buy a new one?
>>
>>15712408
>an electric motor is superior in every way

electric motor doesnt give me goosebumps on overrun

it doesnt rattle my neighbors windows at 6am

>literally not wanting explosions in your car
>>
>>15712415
Oh, and the people who care, that got their car remapped after the recall will just get it remapped afterwards by a shop. So literally no harm done, except €300.
And no, the majority of people really don't give a fuck. Most people are just happy their car has great empeegees, it doesn't matter if the recall remap cuts them marginally.

It's fine you hate diesels, but no need to make up shit.
>>
>>15712439
hey tripfag

were arguing about tesla in here

you fucking that dense?

>diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel

we get it , you have shit taste and no money
>>
this thread is filled with EV cucks who don't know what actual car love is about.

this guy gets it >>15712249
>>
>>15712464
tip your fedora harder
>>
File: noh8.jpg (158KB, 743x1003px) Image search: [Google]
noh8.jpg
158KB, 743x1003px
>>15712464
>>
>>15712476
>>15712491
stay assmad and keep falling for marketing hype, libtards
>>
>>15712502
>libtards

oh wow, it was some sort of far right cuck on top of that
>>
>>15712367
Yeah, i bet, having the biggest factory on earth will be inconsequential right?
>>
>>15712517
libertarian, fgt
and yeah I know that's the most fedora party there is
>>
File: 1471781841172.jpg (26KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1471781841172.jpg
26KB, 251x242px
>libertarian, fgt
>and yeah I know that's the most fedora party there is
>>
File: file.png (7KB, 379x221px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
7KB, 379x221px
REMINDER TO FILTER ANY TRIPFAG
>>
>>15712359
>lapping up big oil propaganda
>>
>>15712541
you forgot my (You)
>>
File: 1286130892380.png (39KB, 149x173px) Image search: [Google]
1286130892380.png
39KB, 149x173px
>>15712457
There's nothing to argue about. Electric cars are a meme. They pollute the same or more than carbon-based fuel engines. Be it from the lithium extraction, the disposal of said lithium batteries or even the origin of the electricity itself.

>we get it , you have shit taste and no money
It's ironic you say that, since the whole marketing point of electric cars is it'll be cheaper to run.

You fags literally have no argument, so you just resort to throwing random shit and see if it sticks.
>>
>>15712389
Anyone that doesn't care about nostalgia will buy electric cars, its like if you bought a CTR monitor today because of the refresh rate.

When the model 3 drops and the manufacturers go into panic mode, everything will change, petrol will be the next "remember we used to have that" thing.
>>
>>15712219
no one will care when people realize what they've been missing out on with EV cars.
>>
>>15712464
>le nostalgic gasoil fedora man
>>
File: 1472397639153.jpg (83KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1472397639153.jpg
83KB, 1200x675px
>You forgot my (You)

get a load of this cuck
>>
>>15712572
Thanks for the filter

# Filter any tripfag - /o/ edition
#/^!/
/^!!fPOjsJng8Fk$/
/^!mjet\.oRqBk$/
/^!5zb\/EKX0ks$/
>>
>>15712567
>he actually thinks the petrol giants won't lobby to prevent anything more than the electric car novelty factor
So naive.

Fully electric cars exist for how many years? What's the market share they have?
What's the market share of Tesla?
Exactly.
>>
>>15712367
You have no evidence to support that. Tesla has no problem getting people to buy their cars. Their problems is they can't even make enough of them.

They're currently building the biggest battery factory in the world. The competitors are going to be btfo as they're going to lack the infrastructure Tesla is currently building.
>>
>>15712591
Certain countries like the Netherlands make buying a Tesla very attractive through things like tax discounts. It's already happening, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>15712393
I'm sure men with small penises around the world will be weeping when the noisy ICE is dead but that sounds more like a personal problem to me.
>>
>>15712591

REMINDER TO ADD RETARDS WITH TRIPS TO THE FILTER!

# Filter any tripfag - /o/ edition
#/^!/
/^!!fPOjsJng8Fk$/
/^!mjet\.oRqBk$/
/^!5zb\/EKX0ks$/
>>
>>15712588
willful ignorance at its best. That's ok, your humiliating stupidity is self-destructive to your own agenda anyways.
>>
>>15712602
>he actually thinks Tesla's new factory will impact the big auto groups
Tesla is just a teeny tiny drop in the ocean. Not to mention it'll probably succumb in a matter of years.
>>
>>15712604
the US has tax incentives for Hybrids and EVs as well, but there's no way ICEs will be completely phased out here until a few generations from now, even then I'm sure there will still be laws permitting them under certain circumstances, like how you don't have to wear a seatbelt in a car that wasn't manufactured with them, even though seatbelts are now ubiquitous
>>
>>15712640
it'll probably succumb in a matter of years.

Just like Chrysler and GM who need the government to keep them propped up?
>>
>>15712662
Except Chrysler and GM were vital to the US economy, when Tesla isn't at all.
>>
>>15712675
Tesla single-handedly managed to make EVs cool, and showed people that they're a viable alternative to noisy, dirty dinosaur-burning ICEs.
>>
>>15712662
>Chrysler, GM, and Ford
FTFY
They were making shitty cars that sold poorly.
>>
>>15712675
Last time I checked Detroit was still a shithole.

lrn2economics. They would've been replaced with a superior competitor or they would've been forced to figure their own shit out.
>>
>2045
>still own nice fuel based benz from pre 2020
>noisy dirty engine
>people on the streets notice your car surrounded by electric self driving cars on the silent street
>some eco sjw faggot ges out his aluminium powerdildo and throws it at your stinky benz
>other sjw eco fags join and demolish it because you are destroying the planet
>>
>>15712712
nice meme

include me in screencap for reddit
>>
>>15712260
Electric bikes already exist, brotato chip.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/electric-motorcycles-as-fast-and-furious-as-gas-powered-bikes-1467903039
>>
>>15712260
>>15712232

>Implying fun hating libs aren't going to make motorcycles illegal
>>
>>15712728
from your article
>Yamaha hasn’t announced a release date

fuck off.
>>
>>15712431
>explosions in your car

That's detonation, it's bad for your engine. You're probably retarded if you want that.
>>
>>15712736
Why would you want to forbid a good source of organ donors?
>>
File: P4ZL3ii.webm (57KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
P4ZL3ii.webm
57KB, 320x240px
>>15712728
>only 1 with a range over 100 miles
>>
>>15712698
Except that's not how state interest works. :)

>lrn2economics.
I did study political economy. Thanks.
>>
>>15712736
lol what? since when is that on the agenda?
>>
>>15712743
how do you think internal combustion engines work then?
>>
>>15712742
>three already on sale
>you pick one of the two (from gas bike mfrs, no less) that isn't on sale yet

At least you tried.
>>
>>15712747
thats pretty normal, my bike can go 90 miles on a tank. i could live with that
>>
>>15712772
>thats pretty normal
yea on a grom

men ride adventure bikes with huge tanks
>>
File: image5[1].png (410KB, 785x385px) Image search: [Google]
image5[1].png
410KB, 785x385px
>>15712763
In a gas engine a spark plug ignites a flame front inside the cylinder that hopefully burns in a slow, controlled manner imparting maximum possible heat energy upon the piston, which attached to a crank - provides kinetic energy to the drivetrain.

Or you could have destructive explosions because you're a knuckle dragging neanderthal who likes fixing things.
>>
>>15712748
yet the correlation between the success of the dated detroit auto industry and the success of Detroit is quite positive. One might even dare there is some causation. Maybe you need to go back to school?
>>
>>15712747
>I'm a vagabond that travels more than 100 miles on a daily basis.

>Well, I mean, an almost daily basis because sometimes I stop to shitpost on 4chan.
>>
>>15712798
GM and Chrysler were vital to the US economy, so the State had to intervene.
Are you seriously implying the fall of GM and Chrysler would only impact Detroit? lol
>>
>>15712842
>vital
>can't make cars that don't kill people / aren't barges

Too big to fail is literally the second most retarded paradigm in economic history, only communism is worse - oh wait.
>>
>>15712842
Show me some evidence of that. Chrysler ended up being bought out anyways and GM could have probably figured out their own shit. A smaller company like Ford was able to figure it out on its own. Stop romanticizing these dinosaurs man. It's embarrassing.

The only implications that were made was the failure of Tesla in the next few years which are laughable as that has been said for the last decade. There was even a presidential candidate 4 years ago banking on it. Guess what happened in that election?
>>
>>15712757
Safety regulations are getting ridiculous on cars, filling them with retarded "improvements" that no-one was asking for. Since you can't really make a motorcycle safe the next logical step for them is to ban baikus
>>
>>15712877
>>can't make cars that don't kill people / aren't barges
I'm not even going there. It's a fact that if GM and Chrysler failed, there would be great repercussions to the US economy and could even ripple to the rest of the world.
That's how big of an impact huge corporations can cause.

>>15712882
>Show me some evidence of that.
The fact they were bailed out by the government? lol
I'm not romanticising anything. I'm just saying they were bailed out for a reason.
>>
>>15712909
That isn't evidence of anything. Just a daft assumption.
>>
>>15712909
>there would be repercussions
And?
If you get cancer do you appease the cancer in hopes that it won't kill you, or do you suffer medical repercussions that will hopefully prevent the cancer from killing you?

If them being shitty car companies is a threat to the US economy, then simply put - they cannot be allowed to persist.
>>
>>15712797
you're not lighting a cigarette you're igniting a compressed mix of oxygen and gasoline
the combustion process is fast and violent
>>
>>15712920
Saying economists and analysts don't know what they're doing is a bit of a daft assumption, don't you think?

>>15712930
Again, that's not how shit works. There's a lot more involved than making shit cars or not.
There's banks involved, capital, stock, workers, etc.
It's not like you can just let a huge corporation die out nowadays.
>>
>>15712933

>>15712949
No, it's how investors in shitty companies aren't held responsible and ownership is transferred by an act of politics to a third group while the american tax payers (those smart enough not to die in awful vehicles) are stuck with the bill to the tune of billions.

In any rational world they'd have been broken up under antitrust.

>It's not like you can just let a huge corporation die
Don't let them die, take them out behind the proverbial wood shed and put one in their skull cavity for the benefit of LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE.
>>
>>15712349
Download a .mp3 soundtrack of car engines and play it on the cars speakers..
>>
>>15712949
>Saying economists and analysts don't know what they're doing is a bit of a daft assumption, don't you think?

Calling yourself one would be a daft assumption.
>>
>>15712933
>fast and violent
Only if you're doing it wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t48QWjtoVfw

If your flame front isn't predictable and your intake charge isn't homogeneous then you're going to have a shitty burn and make no power while probably breaking things.
>>
>>15712949
Of course we can. It happened to Enron, You've yet to make any strong argument for a single thing. Just bold statements with no substance to back them. Continue your education buddy.
>>
>>15713007
But there is explosions

You know that, right?
>>
>>15712999
I'm not.
But thinking the government isn't backed up by them is one.
>>
>>15713030
There's controlled combustion, no explosions.
>>
>>15713030
No, there aren't. An explosion isn't controlled, in any modern vehicle combustion is tightly controlled.

Pre-ignition or detonation is explosions and they are bad.
>>
>>15712255
While diesel has a higher energy density than petrol, the amount of CO2 that is released per unit of energy released is significantly higher than gasoline and orders of magnitude higher than methane.

CNG is the future of power generation hands down.
>>
>>15713007
>>fast and violent
>Only if you're doing it wrong.
No, that's if you're doing it right. What do you think is better, slow and hot or something?
>>
>>15713039
>Assuming all the govt decisions are in your best favor.

Hate to break it to you but diesels are not the future. Don't wrap your whole ego around one thing bud. It'll make you say stupid shit to protect that fragile ego that's solely based off of it.
>>
>>15713030

Different poster, but no. There is expansion but not an explosion. They are two distinctly different scenarios in the combustion chamber. Pre-ignition or pinging is an explosion, knocking from over advancing the spark is also an explosion. But regular combustion is not explosive, it is rapid expansion without the creation of a shockwave.
>>
>>15713050
>the amount of CO2 that is released per unit of energy released
I'm not sure this is correct
>>
>>15712232
This actually sounds terrifying as fuck
>>
>>15713051
You're wrong, I'm tired of explaining to you why you're wrong. Show me some evidence that fast, uncontrolled burn is even useful in an automotive application.
>>
>>15713051
Explosions are bad for the motor. You want a controlled flame-front. sudden combustion of all the air and fuel can cause some nasty engine damage.
>>
>>15712559
You think people want electric cars for "preserve the earth" and not for pure performance ? kek
>>
>>15713133
People want electric because it's cheaper to run.
Nobody really links "electric" to "performance."
Teslas might have amazing 0-100km/h times, but they don't handle accordingly to the power they harness.
>>
>>15713140
diesel fiat
>>
>>15713140
>People want electric because it's cheaper to run.
Nobody really links "electric" to "performance."
Teslas might have amazing 0-100km/h times, but they don't handle accordingly to the power they harness.

It's a 7 passenger family sedan that's capable of 0-60 in under 3 seconds. Seriously, stfu already.
>>
>>15713181
>performance is just straight line acceleration
lol
>>
>>15713181
>capable of 0-60 in under 3 second
Twice per charge, and automatic. Wow, so fun.
>>
>>15713095
I work on designing engines for european oems for my day job. The last 15 years of my career the one constant has been the continual increase in combustion speed. We also have never tried to impart maximum heat energy on the piston. Perhaps you're misremembering something you watched on a youtube video, just like you misremember me saying an uncontrolled burn is good?
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 640x1136px
Daily reminder that Tesla's "success" is literally propped up by the government. Add $7,500 to the price tag and it would have significantly less sales. It's a forced meme.
>>
>>15713217
People buying cars that usually cost 75-100k, don't care about the tax credits.

We need to see what happens with the Model 3. Because Tesla will have gone over their tax credit production limit. Which means the price after taxes won't be below 35k anymore.
>>
>>15712342
>, but the extraction of lithium and the production of the batteries themselves is incredible noxious to the environment.
Drying pools of water is extremely dangerous, guys. Just ask those waterfowl who use those ponds for habitat. Or the literal nothing that lives in the super saline pools of water that is utterly hostile to any form of life.
>>
>>15713188
>implying
Keep pushing the goalpost. Literally nothing will make you happy but a pos europoor diesel, but a family family car as capable as the Tesla is going to be scrutinized under a microscope when there's nothing wrong with it. Stay cuck and delusional buddy.

Also they handle well as well. That low center of gravity helps a lot.
>>
>>15712232
http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/
>>
>>15713202
Yeah, I know man. I really prefer my electric cars to have manual transmissions especially with their narrow torque curves...
>>
>>15713234
You mentioned "performance."
Performance isn't all about straight line speed. You're the one who's moving goal posts.

>Also they handle well as well. That low center of gravity helps a lot.
Just waiting for those memelap comparisons someone's eventually gonna post. Too lazy to do it.
>>
>>15713243
They handle very well for their weight, and electric cars can easily do things like torque vectoring without eating brake pads (hi FiST!).
>>
>>15713234
>nothing wrong with it
Seriously dude? I can name plenty of shit wrong with it.

>worse for the environment
>looks fugly
>shit interior
>unable to hoon more than a few times per charge and certainly not for a whole night because you can't instantaneously charge it
>pigfat
>doesn't make a sound
>obviously no way to make it manual, therefore it is less fun and less satisfying to drive
>attracts nu-males, women, and other groups of people who don't know how to drive and will look at the straight line performance and crash it immediately, rather than true auto enthusiasts who know how to handle a car

Positives:
>cheaper to run
>novelty
>you can accelerate very quickly a few times per charge
>very quiet if you're into that

Every idiot I know right now is praising Tesla to hell and back, and for what?
>>
>>15713241
This is great shitposting. Seriously.

Of course you can't have a manual transmission with an electric motor, it doesn't make sense. You know what does make sense? The electric car will be boring to drive due to that very fact. It will also have electric power steering and brakes. Say goodbye to any sort of driving feels, and sounds.
>>
>diesel is the future!
>dirty as fuck, needs a fuck load extra emissions systems that add cost and complexity

>hydrogen
>only reliable way to extract it until we can import it from Jupiter is through coal, making it extremely dirty and energy intensive
>and even more energy has to be spent to build infrastructure

>electricity
>infrastructure mostly in place already
>flexible generation, nat gas, solar, wind, nuclear, sea power, even coal if it's absolutely needed
>if dirtier generation is used (nat gas and coal) it allows energy production to be outsourced to a place that can handle the pollution costs or can more effectively produce power (ie solar in a desert powering a nearby city)
>>
>>15713259
For being the most technologically advanced car brand today. They've literally started the electric revolution.

Electric cars don't have to be small shitboxes like the Mitsubishi i-Miev or the Nissan Leaf. They can be full-on luxury super sedans. They can be as desirable as, if not more desirable than, combustion engine powered cars.

No more need to shift gears thanks to an electric motor's insane powerband. Faster off the line than any ICE-powered car thanks to an electric motor's instant torque. And on your day-to-day commute, you don't even have to drive it yourself if that's what you want thanks to its standard AutoPilot feature.
>>
>>15712640
If it didn't they wouldn't have been playing me-too.
>>
>>15713289
Those are what non-automotive enthusiasts love about Tesla. So why are you here?
>>
>>15713301
I'm here because electric cars are the future, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>15713270
you can have a manual transmission with an electric motor, stop making things up
>>
>>15712359
You mean this one :^)
http://www.thecarconnection.com/tips-article/1010861_prius-versus-hummer-exploding-the-myth
Here's a choice quote
Here's a couple of choice quotes
>Toyota says that nickel has been mined from in Sudbury since the 1800s, and that “the large majority of the environmental damage from nickel mining in and around Sudbury was caused by mining practices that were abandoned decades ago.” Out of the Inco mine’s 174,800-ton output in 2004, Toyota purchased 1000 tons, just over a half-percent of its output. The plant’s emissions of sulfur dioxide are down 90 percent from 1970 levels, and it’s targeting a 97-percent reduction in those emissions by 2015, according to Toyota.

>and cited without verification by several sources that appear reputable, looks to have originated in a story last November in England’s Daily Mail

>a fucking Daily Mail article
>>
>>15713243
>You mentioned "performance."
No I didn't. I never actually did so I don't know what you're quoting. I was quoting you and mentioning how well it accelerated and you decided to shift the goalpost instead of you know actually recognizing the performance of it. Nice try sociopath.

>>15713259
Literally everything you've said was subjective except for the charge if you're treating it like it's a race car. The car handles well, it's quick and has a good range. If you try to treat it like it's a canyon carver that will deplete it. If you just throttle it a few times in traffic you're not going to deplete it. There's really nothing wrong with it. It's a high performance family sedan and it does that really well.
>>
I don't care what fuels my car as long as it is fun to drive.
>>
>>15713325
>No I didn't. I never actually did so I don't know what you're quoting.
Yeah, you're right. Some anon mentioned it and I was pretty sure it was you.
>>
>>15713270
Having instant torque will be boring. wow...

>have electric power steering
like 99% of new cars already do
>and brakes
wat? Last time I checked they're still hydraulically actuated
>>
File: Diesel-smoke.jpg (28KB, 382x480px) Image search: [Google]
Diesel-smoke.jpg
28KB, 382x480px
>>15712271
Modern small displacement diesels found in shitboxes are strangled and restricted to death. They're not nearly as bad as people make them out to be, yet nobody cares that large diesels like semis and murrifat trucks are allowed to be hundreds of times dirtier.
>>
File: fug.png (16KB, 618x299px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
16KB, 618x299px
>>15712415
>It's not like batteries last forever, you know?
http://www.hybridcars.com/toyota-prius-taxi-running-strong-with-600000-miles-and-original-battery/
>The electricity used on Teslas originates from coal and diesel generators, you know? It's not like it comes from a 100% renewable source.
https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=427&t=3
Coal and nat gas are equal. Petroleum is at 1%, renewables produce 7x more.

>BOTH things contribute to reducing the noxious particles emitted to the atmosphere.
And they add cost and complexity. So much you had VW lie instead of adding these. Cummins, and a few big rig manufacturers had issues with reliability in their motors due to their emissions systems. It's also a common thing with diesel owners here to eliminate the emissions systems as they rob power and reduce fuel efficiency.

>lmao, if people were so worried about the diesel scandal, VW would suffer a major dent in sales, which it didn't. So your point is moot.
People don't give a fuck. It's just as clear as that.
see pic
>>
>>15713270
>thinks hydraulic power steering even still exists

also, electric cars sound sweet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk6H4ihxoRA&t=215
>>
>>15713369
merrifat trucks are extremely clean, just as clean as a little shitbox cars. they're only dirty when modified. they come factory with aggressive egr and have exhaust fluid with selective catalytic reduction units.

a pickup truck diesel is just like the latest commonrail diesel you'd find in europe, just scaled up.
>>
File: file.png (35KB, 273x866px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
35KB, 273x866px
A testament to how big of a cancer tripfags have became on /o/
>>
>>15713206
>internet credentials
>no evidence that explosions are good

Thanks for nothing.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.