[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /o/ I'm thinking about buying an 2015 A3 that someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 2015-audi-a3.jpg (563KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
2015-audi-a3.jpg
563KB, 2048x1360px
Sup /o/

I'm thinking about buying an 2015 A3 that someone brought over from Canada. Condition of it is pretty great and the price is a few grand cheaper than most of the dealer inventory around me. Apparently everything matches up fine with it as far as emissions and safety standards go, but the speedometer shows kilometers per hour instead of miles per hour. Not sure about the legality of that, but beyond that I would find it annoying anyway.

I'm not a car guy so I may be totally off-base assuming this, but that seems like it would be a pretty easy/cheap fix. eBay and Google don't really seem to have any results for the model I'm looking at though....but I may be looking wrong. Is that something a dealership service center could take care of for me if the part isn't available?
>>
File: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (73KB, 600x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Kornheiser_Why.jpg
73KB, 600x1040px
>>15676044
>I'm thinking about buying an 2015 A3
>>
>>15676044
>not a car guy
So why do you want a shitty rebadged golf?
>>
>>15676044
>buying an 2015 A3
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>15676044
>I'm thinking about buying an 2015 A3
>wanting to pay top dollar for literally a Golf in a fancy suit
>>
OP here.

Ouch. What should I buy then? I was looking to spend about 28K tops. Sort of need something on the conservative side. I know basically nothing about cars and have never owned anything besides shitty Corollas.
>>
>>15676242
Forgot to add that I need something with AWD(I think? Snows a fuck ton here). One of the main reasons I initially started looking at the Audi.
>>
File: 181188_2015_Subaru_Legacy.jpg (678KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
181188_2015_Subaru_Legacy.jpg
678KB, 1920x1200px
>>15676266
Subaru Legacy
>>
>>15676266
Subaru anything
>>
Go for it. You can get any part you need from the dealership parts counter. You definitely will pay a premium for the badge though.
>>
You can switch the units in the Audi MMI options.

B8 Chassis Audis are pretty easy to work on.

Posting my Audi anyway.
>>
>>15676291
>>15676302
I do like Subarus. A buddy of mine had a 2004 Forrester with a turbo that was a blast to drive back in high school. I hadn't considered the Legacy and didn't realize they sold one with comparable horsepower/torque as the A3. Fuel consumption isn't as good according to their website, but I'll have to go give that a drive, thanks. I know the WRX is supposedly the go to "fun to drive AWD car", but I've never really liked the way they look and want something a bit more conservative than that.

>>15676313
Good to know. Guess I can go into one, show them the listing and ask about the cost then try to get whatever it is off the asking price of the car.

>>15676348
Yeah, I had read about that. I would mainly use the digital read out anyway, but it would sort of bother me a bit if the analog didn't match.
>>
>>15676502
>but I've never really liked the way they look and want something a bit more conservative than that.
The current gen looks a lot less quirky than the previous gens.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.